Followers

Monday, 20 June 2011

Challenge 26

The Wild Orchid Challenge is Shabby Chic Friendship. My card blank is by Craft UK and the backing paper is by Costco. I have no idea where I got the dark red paper that I've used for the corners, butterfly, little plaque that holds the butterfly charm and the lower edging. They are all cut with Spellbinders dies. I love Spellbinders! The lace is real vintage lace that belonged to Eric's mother's cousin and, as I got her sewing box when she died, I inherited it. The cream doiley is a Cheery Lynn die and is cut from Papermill pearlescent paper. The image is a Sarah Kay image, stamped in Memento ink and coloured with Promarkers, edged with Distress Inks. She is stamped on to a nestie label. The label is another that was made for me by my husband. I've had the charms for years and they are so heavy that I've not used one until now.The flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts and the leaves are cut with Crealies dies.

IN A VERY SENIOR MOMENT I FORGOT TO ADD THE FLOWERS BEFORE TAKING THE PHOTO AND SUBMITTING TO THE  CHALLENGE! I HAVE NOW RECTIFIED THAT AND HERE IS MY CORRECT SUBMISSION.

5 comments:

  1. This is fabulous Hazel. That antique lace is gorgeous - I'd love a rummage in your sewing box! Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Hazel, this is gorgeous, love the trim xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the lace trim and doily - they really complement the image.

    Edna x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Hazel just found your blog love this card it's beautiful and the lace and doiley ate the perfect touches for a sweet image like this
    Jacki xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! The doily just finishes the card off beautifully, thanks for joining us at WOC x

    ReplyDelete