Followers

Wednesday 23 November 2011

I'm back

I've had a few days when I just wasn't up to making any cards or entering any challenges.  However, I've made the decision to stop making any more Christmas cards and buy some for this year. I had chosen a design that was taking up a lot of time - and money - I've got enough for family and close friends and all the others will get a bought card! The stress of HAVING to make them has gone and now I can nearly relax and try to catch up with the fun side of crafting.

This card is a Craft UK large square card blank and the navy blue card is from Papermill. The background scene is from Joanna Sheen's Thomas Kinkade CD. I used the digi image of a Tree from Ladybug Craft Ink and coloured the trunk with a brown Promarker before adding a Sakura gelly roll Stardust to the branches. I then touched the branches with a Quickie glue pen and added DecoArt Glamour Dust to give it a lovely wintry shimmer. I tore round the edges of the image and coloured them with Distress Ink in faded jeans colour. Two metal squares from WOC are in the top corners.

I'm entering it in to the following challenges:
Crafty Sentiments - Some metal
Ladybug Crafts Ink Challenge 47 - Winter blues
Lollipop Crafts Challenge 58 - Anything Goes

Papertake Weekly - Christmas Cracker
The CD Sunday Challenge - Trees

20 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Hazel, think I am going to have to buy some too, just not enough time left.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful Hazel thanks for joining us again at PTW hugs Jill xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great Hazel. Sorry you haven't felt too good.Hope you are ok now. xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. A super card Hazel. I like they way you've left the gorgeous backing paper uncovered, I've always felt that it's far to nice to cover. Hope you're feeling better.

    Sue x (GD CD Sunday)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Hazel. A good decision about your cards. Crafting is supposed to be fun - not stressful. I love the misty effect of your card and thank you for joining in with us at CD Sunday again.
    Carol
    xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Hazel. Next year you'll have to join me making Christmas cards each week lol. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Hazel. I'm so pleased you managed to join us again at CD Sunday this week. As Carol said your card has a lovely misty feel to it and an added bit of sparkle this time of year is always good to see.
    Jocelyn
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card!

    Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Sentiments this week, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh how pretty ..love that background and how you used our digi tree
    thanks for joining us at LCI this week for our winter blues challenge
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card, very effective, thanks for sharing at CD Sunday xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a beautiful card. Hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  12. decent, but not very cool. especially you need to remove the top two stamps from corners.
    valentine gifts pakistan

    ReplyDelete
  13. So glad you decided to choose to do your crafting because you enjoy it and there's nothing wrong with buying Christmas cards. This is lovely and using a backing paper as the main image is great, I love the dusting of glitter.
    Thanks for joining us at CD Sunday again.
    Jenny x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just love that backing paper Hazel. Love the metal embellies too. I think I may be joining you in buying some cards - I'm just running out of time to get everything done. Hugs, Jayne xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very pretty; love the background! Cute embellies in the corners too!

    So glad you joined us this week at LCI!!

    Hugs,
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good decision Hazel, not much fun if its stressing you and costing too much. I love this card, gorgeous background. Thanks for joining us at LCI this week.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely card
    thank you for playing along this week at Crafty Sentiments
    Love Jan
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. A lovely card Hazel - thanks for joining the CD Sunday Challenge.

    Wendy -x-

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful card Hazel, the background scene is gorgeous. I'm just like you and have decided to buy the rest of my Christmas cards as the stress has taken all the fun out of crafting. I will be sending my home made cards to my crafting buddies who I know will apreciate them!

    Thanks for joining in the Winter Blues at LCI this week and good luck with the challenge
    Laurie xx

    ReplyDelete