Followers

Monday 2 July 2012

Whoopsi Daisy White on White

I want to emphasise that this is a White on White card and I fulfilled the challenge by using only white cards and papers. Had I used any cream card or paper I would have felt that I had not met the challenge. Just in response to some of the very nice comments already made on this card. 
This week's challenge over at Whoopsi Daisy is White on White. This is the first time I've made a WOW card so it WAS a challenge but I enjoyed it. I didn't realise there were so many shades of white!!

I used a small card blank by Craft UK. I embossed more white card using two Cuttlebug folders, the well known Swiss Dots and a floral one - but I've forgotten the name of that one. I used a Spellbinders die to cut the fancy strip that covered the join of the embossing and then I matted the embossed card to white pearlescent card. I used one of the images from sheet 355, available here, and coloured her with a Sakura white Souffle pen and Promarkers. A Spellbinders oval nestie was used to cut the image and then that was matted on to the scalloped nestie. A pearl brad brad from Wild Orchid Crafts was added to two corners and a small LOTV sentiment completed the design. 

I'm entering this card in to the following challenges:

 
Fab 'n' Funky Challenges - Cute and Girly
I love Promarkers - Anything Goes
Papercraft Star - No Designer Papers
The Paper Shelter - Punches and/or Dies 
Totally Papercrafts - Use a Digi Image
Papercraft Star - Embossing







21 comments:

  1. Beautiful Hazel! I remember making my first white onshore, it truly is a fun challenge!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful card Hazel, great choice of dies and embossing folders, they work really well together. I love the image too, would be perfect for my niece.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your gorgeous card,fabulous image.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is gorgeous Hazel.. I am yet to try the White on white.. You have done a fantastic job..

    Hugs Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is ever so sweet, Hazel! I adore all that scrumptious white on white texture! Yum! Thanks so much for playing along with my Cardstock Challenge at Papercraft Star!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a sweet image and beautiful card!Thank you for joining us this week at Fab'n'Funky!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is so sweet, Hazel, the embossing beautiful! did you know you can also link this card to Jan's embossing challenge the first day! Thanks for joining us at the Papercraft Star for the 2nd anniversary week. Hope you will join us for the other three challenge days!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous Hazel. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have done a fab job with the WOW for your first time Hazel. It looks great and a good image to go with it
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such lovely looking card. Looks fantastic. Thanks for playing with us over at the Paper Shelter this week.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a fab WOW card Hazel, great choice of image and lovely die cut strip.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card, love the sweet image and the beautiful embossing
    Thanks so much for joining us at the Fab n Funky Challenge
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hazel, this is gorgeous, love the image and the beautiful embossing.. so elegant. Thank you for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers this week and good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awwww... how sweet is this image - just gorgeous. Lovely soft colours and I like the clean and simple design. Thanks for playing along with us on I Love Promarkers this week.
    hugs
    wynneth
    x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Its beautiful darlin I love white on white xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card and an adorable image!! Thanks for playing with us at The Paper Shelter.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a lovely card ... perfect for Jinny's challenge ... many thanks for playing at Papercraft Star

    ReplyDelete
  18. A really beautiful WOW card Hazel. The image is adorable and you've created some fabulous texture with the background embossing. Love it!
    Have a happy weekend - Sylvia x

    ReplyDelete
  19. So so pretty Hazel. These white on white are so difficult to do but yours is gorgeous! Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  20. OMW this is stunning. Love the cream n white together so elegant xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Hazel ! This is such a cute card, and I love that you went with a cream instead of the obvious pink choice, WOW card or not. Really enjoyed having you join along with us for our anniversary at Papercraft Star !!

    ReplyDelete