Followers

Wednesday 4 February 2015

Inspiration Destination Challenge 19



This week at Inspiration Destination our sponsors are Sweet 7, Digital Delights and Doodle Pantry. I have used the image Raccoon Rascal from Doodle Pantry.

The card blank is by Joanna Sheen. I coloured the image with my Promarkers and after cutting into a rectangle I smudged the edges with Black Soot Distress Ink. The backing paper is a printed sheet of leaves - sorry can't remember who made this paper but I've debossed it with a Crafter's Companion leaf embossing folder. I matted it on to black card as the base mat for the image. The 'Hi there' sentiment comes with the image but I generated 'remember me' on the computer and I matted them both on to black card before adding three Mei Flower pearls to the edge of each. Three die cut leaves have been added as extra embellishments.

When we were in Florida at Christmas I was in bed one night and heard scurrying on the roof. I listened for a while and then fell asleep. The next morning at breakfast I told my two sons and daughters in law that I'd heard a raccoon on the roof and had they heard it? They all fell about laughing, I'm deaf and I'm sure they thought I'd imagined it. Tim said "if anything, it was probably a possum" and I just kept quiet. A couple of days later guess what we saw in the garden? Yes, it was my raccoon. Mother was right again! Here he/she is:


Unfortunately this is going to be my last post as designer for Inspiration Destination. I've got a problem with my eyes which is making it increasingly difficult to keep up with the commitments and so I've had to retire gracefully. I'll certainly miss all the friends I've made with this group but I'm sure I'll eventually be able to catch up with them all again.

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Hazel love the image and wonderful design so sorry to see you go but keep in touch Hazel
    Dianne xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely card Hazel. Love that little racoon although I don't particularly like them. We have had several around our home lately and one most recently was sooo HUGE...it was crazy. I'm sorry to see you go from IDCB...you will be missed my dear.

    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just lovely Hazel. So sorry to hear you are going but hope to hear from you some time. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Hazel,
    I think the image is great. Lovely card. And the background is great.
    xxx Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute Hazel, love your design, lovely!
    hugs Jacee
    Simply Paper Card Design

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Wowzer… that's some awesome colouring Hazel… what a wonderful image! I love the gorgeous leaf background that you've created… it's a really fab design!
    love the photos of your raccoon.. yes mother is always right! ;-)
    So sorry to hear that your eyes are still so bad hun… have they not sorted out anything yet? I really hope things improve for you soon… it must be so frustrating for you.
    Take Care hun
    Big hugs, Sue B xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi Hazel sorry to hear about your eyes. Hazel your card is fabulous I love that image so much also the wonderful background you have done a fine job with this one.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw this is so cute Hazel and a great way to remember your lovely Florida holiday - love the layout of your card - the leaf embossing looks fab. Have to say when we go to our house in Florida I hate the raccoons - they sort of slink about and I find them quite scary! hugs Judith x

    ReplyDelete