Followers

Thursday 23 April 2015

MAWTT Let's Get Reading




This week Hazel (Didos) chose the theme of Let's Get Reading for the challenge over at Moving Along with the Times. and I chose The Oxford Book of Children's Verse. I can hear my two sons sighing now. lol I love poetry and when they went to bed I usually ended up their story time with a poem - I've even been known to tape myself saying my favourite poems!! Bigger Lol. I think it put my sons off poetry for life, they just don't appreciate beautiful words.

Anyway back to my card. The card blank is by Joanna Sheen and the dark blue card is by Papermill. The pale blue backing paper is from Docraft's Papermania Capsule Collection. I chose three poems that will all be well known to children and printed the first few words out on the computer. I then added a relevant embellishment for each poem. The large corner is cut with a Memory Box die. The fairies I've had for donkeys years and were bought from Create and Craft although I've forgotten by now who made the sheets.

Unfortunately I'm unable to link to any challenges as my eyes are still not good and I cannot stay on the computer long enough. Hopefully, if the treatment is EVER forthcoming I'll be able to join in fully before too long.

Thank you all for visiting and bearing with me - although I have lost some followers in the past few weeks so some have got fed up with my sporadic posts, sorry.

8 comments:

  1. Lovely card Hazel, gorgeous images & lovely words.......a real trip down memory lane!
    hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw this is lovely Hazel - what a fab idea - there are so many lovely children's verses and you don't hear them so much these days. i'm so sad to hear that you still haven't had any treatment for your eyes - hopefully you will get something done soon hugs Judith x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Hazel. Hope your eyes improve very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this card its so sweet, I really like poems too, they are super, Sending Hugs Hazelxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this brings back such memories Hazel… I still have this book from my childhood… given to me by my grandma… love how you've used the poems and the images, paper and embellies are just perfect!
    Sorry you are still suffering with your eyes... have you not had your appointment through yet? it's like me waiting for my tooth referral... seems to take forever! I really hope you get some treatment soon hun
    Big hugs, Sue B xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing your memories with us and the reason for choosing the versus. What is it about poetry and fairies, they go together so well. I hope your treatment comes quickly for you! x Jessie

    ReplyDelete