Followers

Thursday 11 October 2018

Moving Along with the Times - Male





I'm busy making items for a Christmas Fair in the village and when Beckie chose a theme of 'For a Male' over on Moving Along with the Times I decided to make a boy's bedroom door plaque.

The wooden plaque was from Joanna Sheen and I used Crackle paste to make green crackles appear through the white paint. I love this as it give a real grungy feel to the project. The cogs and metal items were all by Craft Box UK as is the SnipArt 'mechanical dreams' in the centre. Instead of using ribbon or rope as the hanger I bought a length of chain from Maxwell's and managed to tie it together with a Tim Holtz ' Breathe' medallion and fastener. I hope that any young male who is in to cogs, wheels or anything mechanical might like this, but if not, I enjoyed making it. lol

I'm entering my hanger into the following challenges: 
Creative Artiste - Anything Mixed Media
A Inky Mess - Anything Mixed Media Goes
A Perfect Time to Craft - Anything Goes
Altered Eclectics - Anything Goes Mixed Media
Crafts Galore Encore - Anything Goes
Love to Craft - Anything Goes
Through the Craft Room Door - Always Anything Goes

I'm sorry that this will be my last post for Moving Along with the Times. I've enjoyed working with all the DT members over the years but I'm sure I'll see most of them again. 






8 comments:

  1. Hi Hazel this is a stunning project. I love it. Have a great day. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Hazel! I love the "sign" of encouragement you have made for a boy's door. Fabulous details! Happy Crafting! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous project Thank you for sharing with us over here at "A Perfect Time To Craft" and best of luck with your entry.

    Michelle DT for http://aperfecttimetocraft.blogspot.com.au/


    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing your masculine bedroom door plaque with us at Love To Craft Challenge; neat idea to use chain as a hanger

    ReplyDelete
  5. A super wooden plaque. Great crackle background and embellishments.
    Thank you for joining in with our October challenge "Anything Mixed Media Goes" at Creative Artiste Mixed Media. Good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A super project, Hazel and perfect for a boy’s door. Thank you for sharing your work with us at the Crafts Galore Encore “Anything Goes” October Challenge. Good Luck and hope you’ll come back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your project Hazel. Thank you for joining us at Altered Eclectic this month. Hope to see your artwork here again soon. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just love anything gears, great tag. Megan happy Craft Challenge. Anything goes https://thehappycraftchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete