Followers

Wednesday 19 December 2018

Congratulations Christina





One of my Design Team sisters on International Art and Soul gave birth to a beautiful little boy earlier this month and this card is to welcome him into the world. I hope the new family enjoys lots of wonderful times in the years ahead. All the very best to Christina, Joshua and Ramesses.

I used an 8x8 Craft UK ivory coloured card blank. The yellow background paper is from a pad by The Works and I matted it on to Papermill pale blue card. The giraffe image is by Bugaboo and after colouring it with my Promarkers I cut it with a large classic oval Spellbinder die. It was then matted on to the scalloped oval die which I'd cut in the pale blue card. I set it to the right of the base mat and added two Memory Box dies of hearts on ribbons, again in the blue card. Next I used a small blue envelope which I bought from Create and Craft about twelve years ago! The giraffe is holding a letter in his mouth so I thought it could be a message to Ramesses, the new baby. I fixed the envelope in the bottom left corner and added a short 'letter' saying 'Welcome to the World Ramesses'. I haven't made a new baby card for so long and so I really enjoyed making this one. 

My eyes aren't too good at the minute but I'm hoping it's just because I've been using my laptop a bit too much. I'm still having injections every eight or nine weeks and they certainly help but I think I'll have to stay away from my laptop as much as possible. I was so pleased that they behaved themselves as I made this card. 

I'm entering it into the following challenges:

Dragonfly Dreams - Anything Goes
2 Crafty Critter Crazies - Anything Goes with a Critter
A Bit More Time to Craft - Anything Goes
A Perfect Time to Craft - Anything Goes
Crafts Galore Encore - Anything Goes
Crafty Animals - Anything Goes with an animal
Happy Little Stampers - Anything Goes with Dies

7 comments:

  1. This card is adorable! I know Christina will love it!

    Hugs,
    Chriss

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a darling baby card with that cute giraffe. Thanks so very much for joining us at the Dragonfly Dreams challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute card! Thank you for sharing your project with us at the Crafts Galore Encore “Anything Goes” December Challenge. DT Monika.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute card, love how the sentiment is coming out from the cute envelope!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous baby card Hazel love the cute giraffe and little envelope
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hazel, Thank you so much for this Hop! Your card is so beautiful. I just love how you personalized it. It's in a pace of honor in our home! Our little guy has come into the world so very loved! Best, CG

    ReplyDelete

  7. Gracias por compartir con nosotros aquĆ­ en "A Perfect Time To Craft" y la mejor de las suertes con su entrada.
    Angie Scrapchild DT para
    https: facebook.com/aperfecttimetocraft.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete