Followers

Sunday 21 July 2019

IAAS Monochrome





Come along to International Art and Soul and join us with the 'Monochrome' theme.

I decided to go with black and white for my card.

I've used a 6x6 card blank by Craft UK. I cut a large black scalloped square with a Spellbinder die as the base mat. I next embossed a square of white card with a Crafter's Companion embossalicious folder of clouds. The sentiment is one that I love. I received a card, just because, from some very old friends of mine who now live many miles away. The card was in aid of Barnardo's and designed by Kirsty R Walker so I presume the verse is also by her. I hope she doesn't mind me using the sentiment on my card. I printed it in black before cutting with an oval Spellbinders die and matting on to a black scalloped oval. I set it towards the bottom of the main mat and then added a stamped image of a feather, stamp by Visible image. I stamped it in black Memento ink before cutting it carefully, leaving a small white edge, before adding to the top left of the base mat. 

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:
Brown Sugar - Anything Goes
Crafting with an Attitude - Anything Goes
Crafty Creations - Anything Goes
Word Art Wednesday - Anything Goes
Lemon Shortbread - Anything Goes
Crafting from the Heart - Anything Goes
Get Creative Challenges - Anything Goes/Monochromatic
Crafts Galore Encore - Anything Goes

Thank you all for visiting, see you again soon I hope.

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful monochrome card & that sentiment is lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hazel this is a stunning card. I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful Hazel and love the way you have thought this card through with the clouds and the feather - so perfect to go with this sentiment :) Love and hugs xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That’s really lovely, Hazel and truly a beautiful sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is super, what a lovely card, that sentiment is super, Hope alls well with you, Love Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the CAS aspect of your card Hazel and the sentiment is beautiful. Christine x (I cannot believe I forgot to post my card yesterday! Old age!!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice CAS card! Thanks for joining us at Get Creative Challenges! Angie-DT/Owner

    http://angiescreationsblog.blogspot.com/
    https://angiesdigitalstamps.blogspot.com/
    https://getcreativechallenges.blogspot.com/
    https://simplycreatetoo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is a great cas card.

    Thanks for joining us at crafts Galore Encore Challenge

    DT tracey

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card! Thank you for joining us over at Brown Sugar Challenge! Best of luck, Alina DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card. Thanks for sharing it with us at Crafting with and Attitude Janet DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the idea behind this card...

    ReplyDelete