Followers

Sunday 19 January 2020

International Art and Soul - Recycle





Come along and join us at International Art and Soul with our latest theme of 'Recycle'. 

I decided to recycle a photo frame that my parents in law had at their home. When we were clearing their house we didn't want to part with their photographs. This one is of my family, from over forty years ago, but the frame, which was originally a beautiful cream leather, was worn and scuffed. I painted it with Hobbycraft bronze paint. The SnipArt embellishments were also painted in the bronze before I fixed them to the frame. Three flowers to the top right with a butterfly to the top left. Along the bottom I fixed a row of small hearts with a large heart to the right corner. The ornate key to the heart was fixed in the bottom left corner. It is now on display again in my home.

I'm entering my photo frame into the following challenges:

Brown Sugar - Anything Goes
Through the Purple Haze - Anything Goes
A Perfect Time to Craft - Anything Goes
Bleeding Art - Anything Goes mixed media
Crafts Galore - Anything Goes
Not Just Cards - Anything Goes
Lemon Shortbread - Anything Goes



7 comments:

  1. You have turned it into such a beautiful frame that enhances such a treasured photograph Hazel. Hugs Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a wonderful way to recycle ! I think this frame will last for years and years .

    Hugs,

    Chriss

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what agreat idea to recycle a frame and then use it for lovely memories. I love looking back at old pics of when I was wee, Hope that you are keeping ok, H xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. How special. This is a great way to keep that image. Thank-you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing with us over here at "A Perfect Time To Craft" and best of
    luck with your entry Regards Tania DT for A Perfect Time To Craft.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whata lovely item to recycle, I love old family photos and their frames. Thanks for playing at Bleeding Art Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful!! Thank-you so much for participating in our LEMON SHORTBREAD challenge. Hope to see your beautiful creations in our next challenge!! Have a happy crafty day!!! Sorry so late for commenting, but life has been a bit tough lately. I want to take a moment today to tell you that you are an awesome artist! Happy International Women’s Day!.
    Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete