Followers

Sunday 9 May 2021

INTAAS - Your take on a Nursery Rhyme







I set the theme for this challenge over at International Art and Soul and I chose 'Your take on a Nursery Rhyme'. 

It seemed a good idea when I chose this theme at the beginning of the year but when it came to making it well, that was a whole different story. I had so many rhymes going through my head I couldn't decide. One that was eventually forefront was Monday's Child which was a favourite one for my mother to recite. My late husband and I were both born on a Thursday so it had to be that - and then I discovered that one of my DsiL was also born on a Thursday so her card is ready for her birthday later this month. Here is the inside in case you don't know this rhyme. 


My card blank s a 7x7 by Crafts UK. A sheet of postage stamp images from various countries was fixed on top of a sheet of red card from Papermill - I have no idea where I got the postage stamp paper from and if anyone knows please tell me. That was the base mat taken care of before I started colouring the little hobo. This is an image I won from Lacy Sunshine a few years ago and I love it. After colouring with my Promarkers I cut the image out with my Spellbinders circle die and set it against a Spellbinders scalloped die cut in bright orange card, again from Papermill. It was centred on the base mat and then a small sentiment stamp - which I think may have been on a freebie stamp sheet from a magazine - was stamped, coloured, cut with a small circle die and set on a turquoise scalloped circle. I love how this turned out, by using all the colours in the image on the backing card it makes it very colourful. To top it off I added some glitter to the centre of the flower in her hat and on the sentiment. I bought the glitter MANY years ago from Create and Craft.

I'm entering my card into the following challenges:

2 Crafty Critter Crazies - Anything Goes with a critter
Crafts Galore Encore - Anything Goes
Crafty Animals - Anything Goes must include animal
CCC Digi Creations - Must include sparkle/shine
Digi Doodle Studios - Bring on the glitz/must use glitter and hand coloured image
Colour Crazy Craft - Anything Goes with hand coloured image
I Love Promarkers - Anything Goes with the option of a girly card
Lemon Shortbread - Anything Goes
Dragonfly Dreams- Add some sparkle




11 comments:

  1. Super cute card. Great image and I love hour coloring and design. Maggie, DT Teamie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love that postage stamp background and this is such a fun image. Such happy, bright colours. Thanks for sharing this with us at Digi Doodle Studios!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great idea and so beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea and I love the work you put it to colour this cutie from HV´s Colour of Love, it looks so cute!Thank you for sharing your talent with us at I LOVE PROMARKERS. Best of luck! Nick DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very fun clown and great colors too! Thanks so very much for joining us this month at the Dragonfly dreams challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab card, love it, so colourful
    Thank you for joining our challenge at I ♥ Promarkers
    Clare DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just perfect for the Challenge!
    Great project!
    We are so happy that you have shared this with us here at Colour Crazy.
    Stay safe and well.
    Good luck and we hope you will come back again! Jackie DT Member xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable clown and his sweet doggie companion, which only course makes this perfect for our challenge at 2CCC! Thanks for joining us and good luck! 😊

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun card and image. Thank you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge.
    Hugs
    Danka
    Twórcze pasje Danki {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous creation! Thanks for joining us for our "Bring on the Glitz" challenge at Digi Doodle Studios!

    ReplyDelete