Followers

Thursday 9 October 2014

MAWTT - Doggone it (or any animal)



Susan's turn to choose the theme for this week's card at Moving Along with the Times and she chose 'Doggone it' or any animal so that was OK. I tend to make quite a few cards with dogs on as one of my sons breeds dogs, so I thought I'd pick this tree frog image. The image is by Fitztown and is available at their Etsy store.

When Eric and I went to stay with his relatives in Darwin in the Northern Territory of Australia, in 2010, we were amazed to see a frog, exactly like this one, peering from under a plant pot on their veranda - and it's five or six storeys up!! They think it had been brought from their previous garden by the removal men without realising. It joined us on the veranda every evening, coming out to sit on the arm of a garden chair. I called him Mr Frog, he was so cute. Happy memories.

Back to my card........... it's a Joanna Sheen large square and the navy card is from Papermill. I raised the navy card on foam pads after wrapping a piece of Hobbycraft raffia round the left side. I got round to using my Barbara Gray stencil which I bought at Ally Pally. I used two shades of green Distress Ink on the reeds and yellow for the moon and after tearing the image out I edged it with Stormy Sky Distress Ink. The image was coloured with my Promarkers and cut with a Spellbinders label die. A small wooden frog from Create and Craft was added as an embellishment.

I'm entering my card into the following challenges:
613 Avenue Create Challenge - Anything Goes
Bunny Zoe's Crafts Challenge - Animals
Crafting from the Heart - Anything Goes
Paper Makeup Stamps - Anything Goes
Crafty Sentiments Challenge - Anything Goes
Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes
Through the Craft Room Door - Anything Goes
The Sisters of Craft - Anything Goes

Thanks for visiting. x

14 comments:

  1. I love this Hazel. I really like that BG you've inserted behind the image. Gives it a very 'swampy' feel! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah Hazel thi sis so sweet and I love the story you have told too. How bizarre being so high up with the froggy!!! Lovely card, Love Hazelxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card Hazel love the back ground and little frog in the corner
    Hugs Dianne xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww what a cute Mister Frog Hazel !! you've coloured him beautifully! I love the night scene that you've created… looks so fab with the night sky coloured card !! :-)
    Hope you have a nice evening!
    Big hugs
    Sue B xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card Hazel, Mr Frog is so cute. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super card Hazel, I'm loving that little frog,
    Hugs Jacee
    Simply Paper Card Design

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great artistic features on that torn paper behind the card. I love your story about Australia, that's a great memory to relate to the card. x Jessie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful, Hazel, and what wonderful memories! Thanks for sharing them and your card with us in our "Anything Goes" challenge at Through the Craft Room Door this week. Good luck in the draw and I hope we see you playing again next week.
    NanaConnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a cute card, with great memories attached
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic card, Hazel! I love the story of that courageous frog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Delightful Hazel, there's something very appealing about that little frog! Jx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Hazel, sorry for the late visit. I love the little frog. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This frog just makes me smile. I love your card Hazel. Hugs. Lynn

    ReplyDelete