Followers

Sunday 1 March 2020

INTAAS -Use a Photo





It was Sall who set the theme over at International Art and Soul and it's 'Use a Photo'.

My card bank is 7 x 7 by Craft UK. I must apologise for the quality of the photo - it doesn't show the colours very well. The green card is by Papermill. I used a Spellbinder die to cut the background for the photo. The pale blue card is also by Papermill. I wanted to use a photo from my garden but they didn't really 'speak' to me. I got my camera out and braved the cold to take a photo of the Green Man plaque that hangs on the side of my garden shed. He's now keeping an eye on my garden for me. To me it looks greenish blue hence the choice of colours for the base. I fussy cut the image leaving the dark shadow round the edges and then set it on pads to raise it above the background. I'm sending this card to an old friend of mine who is an avid gardener.

I'm adding my card to the following challenges:

Brown Sugar - Anything Goes
Creative Knockouts - Die Cuts/Punches
Crafty Creations - Anything Goes
Lemon Shortbread - Anything Goes
Shopping our Stash - The Great Outdoors
Through the Craft Room Door - Anything Goes
Try it on Tuesday - Go Green or Recycle something




10 comments:

  1. WOW. I am super impressed with both the photo and the card you made as a result. It is a wonderful entry for Try it on Tuesday's Go Green challenge. You made this extra special with a garden theme, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great approach to the challenge! Nicely done. Thanks for sharing with us at Shopping Our Stash!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such an inspired card Hazel. I love the idea of sending a little part of your garden as part of a card for your gardening friend.
    Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Hugs Sheryl
    TTCRD DT
    Cat Crazy Craft Corner {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Hazel this is a stunning card. What a great idea to use a photo. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card. I bet he really looks after your garden so well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your friend will love this card, I like the image of the
    Green Man you used. Thank you for sharing with us at Try it on Tuesdays.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mr.Green man is a clever idea for this challenge. Thanks for joining us at try It On Tuesday with this great card. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is super, what a great card, love your Green Man, Hazelx

    ReplyDelete
  9. An awesome idea Hazel and I am rather glad you braved the cold to take this photo, he is a good looking 'green man'. Fabulous die, it has made a beautiful background and works so well with your photo theme :) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card, well worth the cold to take the photo. Thanks for playing along with us at Shopping Your Stash for The Great Outdoors.

    ReplyDelete