Followers

Sunday 21 June 2020

INTAAS Blue as Main Colour






Over at International Art and Soul our theme is 'Use blue as main colour' so come along and join us with your take on this challenge theme.

I'm not keen on blue so don't often choose to use it as my main colour, however, I persevered and eventually came up with this card. 

The card blank is a 7x7 by Craft UK. I used my under used Brushos in varying shades of blue on the white paper which I then matted on to bright blue card from Papermill. The border on the left is a Joanna Sheen die called Grace Lace and I cut it in pale blue card, again by Papermill. The star is also by Joanna Sheen and was cut in the same pale blue card. I used a Sakura blue glitter pen on the inside edge of the shooting stars to try and make it stand out a little. I'm not sure that it's made a difference. lol

I'm entering my card into the following challenges:

Crafty Creations - Anything Goes
A Perfect Time to Craft - Anything Goes
Crafts Galore Encore - Anything Goes
Happy Little Stampers - Anything Goes with a Die
Love to Craft - Anything Goes
Lemon Shortbread - Anything Goes

12 comments:

  1. Oh I am so sorry Hazel for putting you in the position of using blue :) but WOW I love your creation. You got the Brusho work just right, not all overworked and blurry which is where I normally end up so I am quite envious :) :) Big hugs gorgeous xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, Hazel. Just shows how versatile the Brushos are. Must say, I love blue - always find it an easy colour to use, and I love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Hazel this is a stunning card. I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too am not a blue person. This however, his beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful with just the blue - lovely creation. Thanks so very much for joining us this time at the Crafty Creations Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blur card is a beauty, Hazel! The brusho background is perfect for the pretty die cut elements.
    Thank you for sharing your project with us at the Crafts Galore Encore “Anything Goes” June Challenge. Good Luck and hope to see you again soon!
    Carole x DT Craftilicious Creations

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your interpretation of blue as the main colour, even if you are not too fond of blue! It turned out beautifully! I lovae it! Thank you for playing along with us on the Lemon Shortbread Challenge Blog. Good luck with your entry, and hope to see you again.
    Hugs,
    Lori xx (DT at Lemon Shortbread)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful card, Hazel! The delicate die cuts and pretty blue background is a perfect combination! Thanks so much for joining us at HLS Dies Challenge this month! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a beautiful card. Thanks for joining the challenge at Love to Craft Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A sweet card Hazel and using my favourite colour

    June x

    ReplyDelete