Followers

Sunday 3 January 2021

INTAAS - Landscape





Come along and join us at International Art and Soul with our first theme of the New Year, chosen by Josephine, of 'Landscape'.

I'm afraid I wasn't feeling 100% towards Christmas as I'd just had a kidney stones operation. I'm beginning to feel my age catching up with me and so I took the liberty of what I feel is cheating a little. I didn't have the energy to make a landscape of my own so I used a painting that my late husband did as a Christmas card quite a few years ago. We had been out for a drive in Northumberland and he took a photograph of this wintry scene. When we got home he liked it so much he did a water colour painting of it and used it for our Christmas card that year. The painting was framed and has been in our sitting room ever since. When I moved to this smaller home I still wanted it near me so it hangs in my living room now.  When I took the photograph of it I caught the flash on the glass so it has a bright spot and I didn't know how to get rid of it. However, I think it adds a little something to the scene.

My card blank is a 7x7 by Craft UK. The caramel coloured card is by Sue Wilson and acts as the base mat. I trimmed the photo round the beige mount and then fixed it to a peach coloured card - I'm not sure if that's also by Sue Wilson. I used a Joanna Sheen die to cut the fancy border in the peach card and added that to the bottom of the image before adding it to the base mat. A quick and easy card which I hope passes judgement.

I'm entering my card into the following challenges: 

Crafts Galore - Anything Goes
All Sorts - Anything Goes
Crafter's Castle - Anything Goes
Inkspirational - Something in your Home


HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL, THANKS FOR VISITING. STAY SAFE AND ENJOY THE TIMES AHEAD. 


9 comments:

  1. Hi Hazel this is a stunning card. I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hazel. Sorry you were not feeling 100%. Yes, the age thing is a bad joke on us humans. The painting is just stunning. Your DH had a real talent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful, Hazel. I am in awe of anyone who can produce a painting like that, and you've embellished it perfectly. And, I agree the flash adds something - a hint of magic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh its a beautiful painting, I can see why you like to have it up in the living room. Hope that you are on the mend now from your surgery, wishing you a lovely 2021, Love Hazelx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely image! Thank you for joining us this week at Allsorts Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful scene, thank you for joining us at Allsorts, xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is utterly beautiful and stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great way to honor your late husband! It's beautiful! Thank you so much for entering our Challenge at Crafter's Castle this week. Good luck!
    Blessings, Jeanie Ellis DT
    Crafter's Castle
    crafterscastle.blogspot.com
    Scrapbookingmamaw MyBlog

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful creation!
    Thank-you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge January "ATG".
    Sorry for the late comment.
    Ileanaxx

    ReplyDelete