Followers

Sunday 14 February 2021

INTAAS Off to Dinner







I'm the host for this challenge of 'Off to Dinner' so please come along and join us at International Art and Soul.

I would like to think that I would go off to dinner looking like this but I'm afraid it would never happen. lol I did enjoy going out for dinner with my husband but I never felt the need to get too dressed up, apart from the fact that we didn't go anywhere too fancy!

My 7x7 scalloped card blank is by Craft UK. The lilac card is foundation card by Sue Wilson and I used a Spellbinder large scalloped square die to cut it as the base mat. I used a sheet of Joanna Sheen's lace paper, which I've had for years, and then cut it with  another Spellbinder die to make a strip across the middle of the mat. The image is by Rick St Dennis and I love it. I coloured with my Promarkers and then cut it with a large oval Spellbinder die. I touched the edges with Distress Ink . The finishing touch was to add three small pearls to each scalloped corner of the lilac mat. I think that the pearls were a freebie pack from somewhere.

I'm entering my card into the following challenges:
Colour Crazy Craft - Anything Goes with coloured image NOT pre-coloured
As You Like it - Rubber, clear or digi and why - I prefer digis because they give a clear image and the Rick St Dennis classy ladies are all beauties!
Crafty Creations - Anything Goes
I Love Promarkers - Anything Goes
Lemon Shortbread - Anything Goes
Passion for Markers - Celebrations - we're off to dinner to celebrate!
Crafts Galore - Anything Goes

13 comments:

  1. This is absolutely gorgeous! Love your purple colour scheme and that image is beautiful - I think we would all love to get dressed up like that at the moment! That lace is perfect too - a really pretty card. Thanks for joining in with my challenge this week at Passion for Markers. Hugs, Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the card Hazel! Love everything about the card, especially the color! Always lived Rick’s images, I can spot them anywhere. 😉

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think purple suits this lady so well, a good choice of colours. Thanks for joining AYLI challenge. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love her haughty expression and she looks gorgeous in her royal purple. I have a different one of these classy beauties from Rick St Denis. Great theme Hazel. Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Hazel this is a gorgeous card. That is fabulous image you have used. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had great aunts that would dress like this every day! This card is so lovely and elegant. I sometimes wish we could go back to the days when going out to dinner was a fancy dress occassion.

    Hugs,
    Chriss

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely card. Gorgeous image and colours.
    Thank you for joining in with the Crafts Galore Encore February Challenge “Anything Goes”. Good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous image! I love the colors you chose - my favorite. She is so elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous card Hazel. I love the beautiful image and your colouring is perfect. Thanks for sharing with us over at Passion for Markers this week and good luck in the prize draw. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful creation!
    Thanks for playing at I Love Promarkers Challenge.
    Ileanaxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't know how I missed this post. I love your card. Really beautiful. Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for entering the AYLI challenge with your lovely card - good luck!
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete