Followers

Sunday 6 May 2012

#112 Use a Digi/Mum's theme


I decided that I would go with red this week and really enjoyed colouring this image. It's called 'Butterflies and Flowers' by Jess over at Stitchybear's Digital Stamps. The challenge over at One Stitch at a Time is Use a digi with a Mum theme. My mother would have loved this image so it's for her, thanks Jess.

My large square card blank is by Craft UK. I coloured the image with Promarkers and cut it with the Spellbinders grand oval nestie, matting it on to a red scalloped nestie. The backing paper I've had for ages and have no idea where it came from, I do know it was 12x12 and that's it. I matted it on to more red card - from Papermill. The red organza ribbon is from Joanna Sheen and the little peel off butterflies were in a Secret Santa parcel I received at Christmas. They were from Lakeland.

The sponsor this week is our own Stitchybear, details of the prizes are on the challenge blog.

I'm entering my card in to the following challenges:

My Sheri Crafts - Add Flowers
Bunny Zoe's Crafts - Ribbon or Twine
Creative Monday Challenge - Anything Goes
Hooked on Crafts - Flowers
My Craft Spot - Mother's Day
My Grafico Challenge - Mother's Days
Crafters Companion - Here Comes Summer 
Crafty Calendar - Things with Wings

22 comments:

  1. Hazel i love use of Red colors. Looks fresh and gorgeous.
    Hugs Nat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, Hazel! Love the colours - so bright - and how you've made the most of the lovely image.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, love the butterflies...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Hazel,

    your card is really beautiful with it's fresh colours.
    Thank you so much for sharing with us at Crafty Calendar Challenge and good luck!

    Hugs

    Claudia

    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful card Hazel.. I do love the image you used. Great colour choice too.
    Hope you had a fabby time with son and DIL

    Choccy xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful darlin I love the image and your colouring is lovely xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful Hazel, love the image and the muted backing paper is perfect. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Mum's card is so LOVELY!!! Hope you have a fabulous Mother's Day and thanks for sharing with us @ My Sheri Crafts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card Hazel! hugs Marjo

    ReplyDelete
  10. So beautiful Hazel and just love the colours. Hope you have a good week ahead
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh wow what a wonderful image .. i just love the butterflies and the colours
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card Hazel, lovely image and colours.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow this is really beautiful Hazel. I love the red, it makes the images pop out! Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is stunning Hazel! I'm loving all things Butterfly at the moment and this is just beautiful. Hope the dizziness is much better. Hugs, Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is gorgeous Hazel, you've done an amazing job with the image. Hugs Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I LOVE this Hazel gorgeous digi and colours xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful!! I love yellow and red.
    sandy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a pretty card Hazel, loving the flower and pretty butterflies.

    Thanks for sharing with us at Hooked on Craft.

    Liz Weber
    Hooked on Craft Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hazel this is just gorgeous! I love the bright red colour and the contrast it has with the more muted shades, it really makes it pop.

    Love Mandy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hazel this is beautiful, love the colours.

    Thanks for joining us at BunnyZoe. I also have Candy on my blog if you want to hop over HERE.

    Hugs Tracy x


    ReplyDelete
  21. this is beautiful, thanks for joining us at the Crafter's Companion Challenge this month xx

    ReplyDelete