Followers

Thursday 19 January 2017

MAWTT Swirls and/or Curls



After a long break due to my eye problems I hope I'm back for good. I'm bringing you my theme this week 'Swirls and/or Curls' for the challenge over at Moving Along with the Times. My design team friends have been helping me out with entry comments whilst I've been on my break so I'd like to say a huge thank you to Wendy and Jenny.

It's taken me a few days to get my card finished but at last it's done. My base card is by Joanna Sheen. I love this paper that came from a huge Costco pack that I bought quite a few years ago and I haven't had an opportunity to use this pattern. I decided her curls would make a show on my card along with a Snip Art wooden swirl that I bought online at Craftbox. I matted the paper on to dark red Papermill card (to match her dress). I placed the swirl to the left and then set some Wild Orchid Craft flowers at the base of the swirl along with some die cut leaves. I added a few red Mei Flower gems amongst the flowers and then added a gem to her ribbon in her hair and to the band on her wrist. She looks the kind of girl who would like gems. lol

I'm hoping you'll come along to join us in our challenge and to welcome me back.

I'm entering my card into the following challenges:
Artbymiran Challenge 75: Anything Goes
Crafting with Friends Challenge 34: Anything Goes
Makingmemoriescrafting Challenge 1: Anything Goes
Morgan's ArtWorld Challenge 1: Anything Goes

11 comments:

  1. Hi Hazel,
    welcome back, and it's lovely to see you back.
    Your card is gorgeous, and that paper is very lovely.
    Love your flourish and flowers too.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to see you're back Hazel and hope they've managed to find the right combination for your eyes long term. I love these gorgeous papers - just perfect for this challenge along with your lovely embellishments it makes a really beautiful card. I love these colourtones hugs judith x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hazel this is such a beautiful project.
    This will also be perfect for one entry as an anything goes creation for our challenge below.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {ATG with a CREATE WITH TLC Element}
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Hazel, abit grungy, wonderful, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! This is a gorgeous card Hazel… love the paper and the beautiful wooden swirl adds real elegance. I enjoyed this theme!
    Hugs Sue B xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card Hazel thanks for sharing it with us Crafting with friends, sorry i am late commenting. Louise DT x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Hazel this is a gorgeous card. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely to see you crafting again Hazel...thisis beautiful. Think I have the same pack of papers hidden away! Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful card Hazel, love those papers. Thank you for joining our Anything Goes challenge at Making Memories Crafting. Hope to see you again soon.

    Crafty Hugs Sonia DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a stylish card Hazel, love the swirl! Thank you so much for joining our first challenge at Making Memories Crafting, good luck in the prize draw and I do hope you’ll join us again for our second challenge,
    Love Jacky x
    MMC DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hazel this is a wonderful project. Its perfect for our 7th ‘ATG with CREATE WITH TLC’ challenge. Thanks for sharing your talent with us. Good luck and hope to see you play with us again.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {ATG with a CREATE WITH TLC Element}
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete