Followers

Sunday 6 August 2017

International Art and Soul - Boxes and Bags



'Boxes and Bags' is the theme at International Art and Soul so come along and show us what you can do.

I've added another altered box I made for my friend. You might remember that I made another one earlier, on my blog, for her husband. That was a great success hence making this one for Anne. She loved it.

The empty box is a very sturdy one with magnetic fastener from Craft Box. This is a craft company based in the UK who supply these boxes filled with crafty embellishments. They're always beautifully packed and presented and once the craft items are stored in their usual spot you have a box ready for altering as a gift box.

I used  a sheet of Craft Box paper as the background, tearing the edge and using Distress Ink on the torn edges. A small Craft Box doily was placed at the top left behind the paper and one of the Snip Art circles was added to the same corner. I used Hobbycraft wooden letters for the name and painted them with Rowney's acrylic paint. A small wooden frame to the left had a mirror charm in the centre (Anne likes pretty things and make up). A beautiful Craft Box lace embellishment was set to the right and topped with a cameo charm. Some wooden flowers from Create and Craft were dotted around along with some pretty gems. A large 'diamond' butterfly was added to the top right. I really enjoyed making this box and I'm in the process of making another.

I'm not able to enter any challenges with my altered box as I have no internet until 16 August. This is a scheduled post but I hope you'll still leave me some comments to cheer me up when I get back online. I'm moving home so will be back shortly and hopefully my new craft room will be big enough. I have a large room at the minute and my new one will be much smaller. My sons said that they will make it work for me - I hope they're right. lol

1 comment:

  1. I do love your altered boxes Hazel and this is no exception. Hope you are soon back online. Christine xx

    ReplyDelete