Followers

Sunday 14 October 2018

IAAS Black and Orange





My card blank is a 7x7 by Crafts UK. The theme over at International Art and Soul is 'Black and Orange. I don't send Halloween cards so decided on a birthday card for my second daughter in law.

She loves dogs so the image was easy, one of Tim Holtz's Crazy Dogs. I stamped it in Memento Ink and after only basic colouring (because I have a white dog - lol) I cut it with a Spellbinder wonky square die. I then matted it on to an orange wonky square slightly larger than the first. The background was a section of embossed orange card and a narrower section of black card. The orange card by Papermill and the black by Sue Wilson. I'm sorry I have no idea where the embossing folder is from. I fixed both sections to a black base that matted nicely on to the card blank. I used a strip of Hobbycraft pearls and black gems to the lower part of the card. The sentiment, if I remember correctly, is by Lili of the Valley. After carefully cutting it out I edged it with my black Promarker to give it more definition and then set it at the top right.

I'm entering my card into the following challenges:
Crafty Creations - Anything Goes
Creative Moments - Anything Goes
Lemon Shortbread - Anything Goes
2 Crafty Critter Crazies - Anything Goes with a Critter
A Bit More Time to Craft - Anything Goes
A Perfect Time to Craft - Anything Goes
Crafts Galore Encore - Anything Goes
Crafty Animals - Anything Goes with an animal
Morgan's Artworld - Anything Goes

11 comments:

  1. Hi Hazel this is a stunning card the colours work perfectly together. Have a great week. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Hazel, thank you for sharing with us here today at Morgan's Artworld Open Challenge and good luck with your entry. Wendy DT for
    http://morgansartworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a cutie image. Lovely colours and design and I love your gorgeous bling too. Thank you for sharing with us over here at Morgan's Artworld Open Challenge and best of luck with your entry. Love to see you join in each month. Thank you.Annette DT forhttp://morgansartworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card Hazel! Thank you for sharing with us over at Morgan's Artworld Open Challenge and best of luck with your entry. Love to see you join in each month. Thank you.
    ~ DT Sherry x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just love those crazy dogs and it fits perfect here surrounded in black and orange. Beautiful card. Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Regards,
    Ann-Marie
    TTCRD DT
    Annemi {My Blog}
    Through The Craft Room Door
    ttcrd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the embossed oranged background

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that mage - it really made me smile Hazel. That embossing folder is a new one to me, very unusual. Super card for your orange-loving DIL. Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the embossing, pearls and gems, very sweet card!

    Chriss
    www.chrissandlou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute and sweet. So glad you joined us at Morgan's Artworld Open Challenge and best of luck with your entry.
    Arlene DT for
    http://morgansartworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a beautiful project.Thank you for sharing your project with us at the Crafts Galore Encore “Anything Goes” October Challenge. Good Luck and hope to see you again next month!
    Hugs!! Claudia - DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the way you cut out the dog on this adorable card! Perfect colors for any October challenge! Thanks for sharing with us at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies Challenges!

    ReplyDelete