Followers

Sunday 8 December 2019

IAAS Anything but a card





Hello, I'm so glad to be joining you all again after having a rest for a while. My eyes haven't been at their best so I had to take a step back from crafting and my laptop to give them a chance of recovering. 

Come along and join us at International Art and Soul and show us what you can do with the theme of 'Anything but a card'.

You will see from my project that my wallets are a little skew-whiff in that the holes for the ties aren't punched centrally . I've been making them for a while and needed to get them finished for Christmas so couldn't hang on any longer in the hope that my eyes would play fair. I'm sure my family won't mind when they open them up. lol

When Eric was alive we used to shop for weeks looking for fun toys and quirky items for our two sons and DsIL. We used to spend a huge amount of money to fill Christmas sacks for each of them and I was sure they would like the money instead. I asked them and each one said 'yes please'. They still get a stocking with the usual £1 coin in the toe, fruit, sweets and little gifts so I was happy as it made my life better too - no more trawling the shops for weeks on end.

The wallets each year are never the same as wallets from previous years . The letters for their names are cut with Spellbinders dies. I used a strip of double sided tape the length of the name and then added silver glitter - I'm not sure they'll thank me for this! I punched holes in the three open edges and tied silver tape for the men and jewelled ribbon for the ladies. 

I hope you all have a lovely Christmas and I wish you all the very best for 2020.

I'm entering my wallets into the following challenges:

Brown Sugar - Anything Goes
Creative Artiste - Anything Mixed Media
Fab 'n' Funky - Anything but a card
A Bit More to Craft - Always Anything Goes
More Mixed Medium - Anything Goes

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely project. So creative with the double-sided tape and glitter. I never would have thought of that. Merry Christmas to you also Hazel. Here's hoping for a better 2020.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah Hazel, Im so osrry to hear your eyes are not doing well again. I hope they are a bit more settled soon. Love your gift envelopes. I have been naughty this year and bought my money wallet for my eldest. Hope you have a super festive season and all the best for the comming year, Love Hazelxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy new year Hazel

    It's lovely to see you smiling face again

    Love the wallets and I'm sure your family will have to

    Happy crafting and take care

    June x

    ReplyDelete