Followers

Sunday 2 January 2022

INTAAS - Anything But a Card








To start the New Year International Art and Soul have the challenge of 'Anything But a Card' which was the theme set by our Desing Team member Christine.

Who remembers making Tim Holtz's grunge board bracelets? This is a real blast from the past. I last made lots of these in 2008/9 for my friends' daughters and granddaughters. They weren't quite as grungy as this, they were much prettier. However I was quite chuffed that I remembered how to do them, once I found my grunge board. The first photo isn't very good - again taken with my camera which I think is on it's last legs. My son took the second one with his mobile and then emailed it to me so that I could save it on my laptop. The subject of his email read 'Wrinkly old arm'. He does love me I'm sure!

I've really made so many other objects during my crafting sessions over the years so have got into a rut of only cards recently. I've got a box in the garage with plaques, pictures and various other items but decided to take the plunge and attempt this.

The grunge board and fastener all by Tim Holtz. Promarkers, Distress Ink were used for the decoration with some Craft Box gems for the centre of the flowers. The flower stamp was a freebie from a magazine.

I hope you've enjoyed this step back in time. lol

I'm entering my bracelet into the following challenges:

I Love Promarkers - Anything Goes with Promarkers
Lemon Shortbread - Anything Goes
Passion for Markers - Anything Goes with Markers

7 comments:

  1. Hi Hazel this is gorgeous. I love it. Happy New Year. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember these! A lovely project, thank you for joining in our challenge at Passion for Markers this time.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks fabby! Happy New Crafting year to you and thanks for playing along with our mega challenge over at PFM.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's really pretty - love it.

    Thanks for joining us at I Love Promarkers.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous, Hazel! I must admit, I'd never heard of these and haven't seen any before. I love the bright colours - they seem at odds with the 'grunge' description.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry I am running so far behind blogging. Happy new year to you and a great way to start the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty. This is a new idea for me. I've never done anything like it and don't have a clue what a "grunge" board is. I guess I'm going to have to Google that.

    ReplyDelete