Followers

Tuesday 8 November 2011

Sunset


The theme at the CD Sunday challenge blog is Sunsets. I had a bit of a job finding a sunset and I think this one just meets the criteria. I've got a stamp for a sunrise but not a sunset so I had to rely on my CDs for the main image.  I trawled through quite a few before I hit on Thomas Kinkade and found this image which is called something like a quiet evening. I reckon the shades in the sky show the sunset which is just out of view because of the roof and the trees. lol

My card blank is a large square by Craft UK and the yellow card is by Papermill. The gold Mirri card is from Joanna Sheen, as is the Thomas Kinkade CD. The image was matted on to gold Mirri card and set at the top left of the card. I embossed a strip of gold Mirri card with a Cuttlebug border folder and edged that with gold peel offs to add a bit more bling! The strip of card was set across the bottom of the card and three yellow pearls from Kanban are at the top right.

14 comments:

  1. Oh Hazel, this card is so beautiful. I love that scan. Stunning!!!!
    Hugs Nat

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very classy looking card Hazel. I lovely image and I love the embossing too. Thank you for joining us again at CD Sunday this week.

    Jocelyn
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card Hazel, stunning image. xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Hazel, love the image and your embossed border add a perfect touch.
    Thanks for your continued support of CD Sunday.
    Hugs
    Christine xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. It'a a gorgeous image Hazel, love the card. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful card Hazel. The embossed border goes perfectly, and the card does not need anything else.

    Sue x (GD)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect for our challenge and a lovely card. Thanks for joining us again at CD Sunday this week.
    Jenny x
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous Hazel! I love Thomas Kinkade and have a book of his images. I always want to step into the pictures as they are so beautiful and peaceful looking.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Hazel honey! Wow, this is such a great card - the layout and embossed border with that beautiful image is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so beautiful Hazel, lovely image.
    Wendys xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Hazel. You spoil us with your lovely cards. Thank you for joining us again at Cd Sunday.
    Carol
    xx
    CD Sunday DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is wonderful, such a stunning image. Thanks for joining the CD Sunday Challenge.

    Wendy -x-

    ReplyDelete