Followers

Tuesday 10 June 2014

I'm having a good day

Today I'm having a good day, no problem with my eyes so I've made a card. I decided I wanted to colour a Delicious Doodles image so I chose Blossom.
Yes, I do know that what I've coloured as leaves are actually the petals of the blossom but I'd already coloured one image correctly and decided to make a change with this one. I'd seen another card with them coloured as leaves so decided to give it a go myself and I like it, so there! lol (Secretly I do prefer them as petals but whoever I send this to will never notice, will they?)

I used a Joanna Sheen large card blank and the backing paper I'm sure hundreds of you will recognise - it's from Create and Craft YEARS ago and I've rarely used it. I matted it on to Papermill red card as the base for my image. I coloured Blossom with my Promarkers and the butterfly in a Sakura gelly roll pen so give it a glitter. I also matted the image on to red card. I then used my new Nellie Snellen diamond dies to cut some diamonds as embellishments and then added some Wild Orchid Crafts pearls. Job done and my eyes are still holding out, hurray!

I'm entering my card into the following challenges:

Delicious Doodles Challenge - Favourite DD image (not sure that's strictly true but Blossom is up there)
Card Mania - Flowers
Crafting from the Heart - Anything Goes
Dragonfly Challenge - Anything With Wings
The Sisters of Craft - Anything Goes

Thank you all for visiting and welcome to my new followers.

10 comments:

  1. Ahh Hazel so nice to hear you are managing today, Love your card its so pretty, Now I thought those were leaves when i coloured her in, oops!! Love Hazelxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you are having a good day! I've been having good days too! I wonder if it's something in the air or water? lol Loving the splashes of red on this card. I could see how someone might think those were leaves and not petals. Beautiful coloring. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful Hazel.What a lovely image and colouring..gorgeous.

    luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful card, love the image and your great coloring, thank you for joining us at CFTH, good luck
    caroline dt

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful image and so well coloured!

    Thanks for joining us at Dragonfly Dreams and I hope we see you again soon!

    Hugz

    Laurian
    Owner Dragonfly Dreams

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely card Hazel, your colouring is fabulous, I love the colours you have used, a really smashing card.

    Have just discovered your blog I'll be a follower from now on, hope you can visit me too.
    Hugs Jacee
    http://www.simplypapercarddesign.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good evening Hazel, a wee blast from the last here!!!
    Love your card, fantastic image so beautifully coloured.
    Hope you are keeping well and your eyes improve
    Hugs

    Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great combo Hazel. I don't recognise the paper - it's new to me. LOL Fab image and beautifully coloured. I hope the eye situation can be treated and you recover soon. :) x Edna x

    ReplyDelete
  9. stunning. absolutely gorgeous. thankyou for entering the sisters of craft blog challenge. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow...love this card Hazel. Such a great image and so nicely coloured. Hugs. Lynn

    ReplyDelete