Followers

Sunday 18 March 2018

IAAS Use Humour




This time at International Art and Soul we've got a fun challenge for you, set by Jeanette, and it's 'Use Humour'. I started off eagerly with this challenge and had the card finished just waiting for the humour and that's when my inspiration disappeared. I even sent texts to my two sons and daughters in law asking for ideas and they couldn't come up with anything either so it was back to the drawing board.

I eventually settled on a Bugaboo image of Stella which I've had for a while, I used my Promarkers to colour her and then cut her with a Spellbinders oblong die, matting it on to a red scalloped oblong/rectangle. I decided to use a DL card, from Craft UK, as the shape of the image seemed to cry out for it. I used a fine point on my red Promarker to draw lines across the DL card blank as the background. Once I'd decided that was OK I added the matted image. The sentiment, supplied with the Stella image, was generated on the computer and cut with smaller Spellbinder dies before setting at an angle across the bottom of the card. The only embellishments were three red gems, from Hobbycraft, in the top right of the image. 

I'm entering my card into the following challenges:
A Perfect Time to Craft - Anything Goes
Crafts Galore Encore - Anything Goes
Love to Craft - Anything Goes
Mix it Up - Anything Goes + make your own background
Crafty Creations - Anything Goes
Pause Dream Enjoy - Anything Goes
Digi Choosday - Anything Goes
Lemon Shortbread - Anything Goes
Crafting from the Heart - Anything Goes

11 comments:

  1. Hi Hazel this is a brilliant card I love that image you have used. Stay safe and warm. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bugaboo always has great images. This one is "perfect"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bugaboo do humour with style! This is such a great card! I'm super impressed with the background you achieves with your ProMarker lines. It looks great! Thanks so much for sharing your card with us at Digi Choosday
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. So Perfect card!! Wonderful creation and a wonderful design!!! Love the sentiment and the image is the best!!
    Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    HUGS Cicci
    TTCRD DT
    Cicci With the Pen {welcome to vistit and follow my blog}
    Through The Craft Room Door

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the humor of this... and the truth, too... since I fall in that category. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute! Thanks for sharing at Pause Dream Enjoy Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super fun image and stunning design...thank you for joining us at DIGI CHOOSDAY challenge this week,hope to see you again
    Ċ½eljka DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just so beautiful. Nice work.
    Thank you for sharing with us over here at "A Perfect Time To Craft Open challenge" and best of luck with your entry.
    Annette DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hazel, what a fun Bugaboo card you have created with a smashing sentiment. Your card fits perfectly the Lemon Shortbread Monthly Challenge this fortnight. Thank you for entering and best wishes in the draw. Kym (Lemon Shortbread Design Team Member).

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun card...I really love the sentiment ..Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Creations Challenges. Hugs xx Deepti Aggarwal

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is simply stunning, thanks for joining us over at MIUCB!

    ReplyDelete