Followers

Sunday 6 January 2019

IAAS - Cat or Dog





Happy New Year to you all. Please start the new year by joining us at International Art and Soul with our theme of 'Cat or Dog'. It was Jane's choice and a good one.

I used an 8x8 Craft UK card blank. The brick patterned paper is by Joanna Sheen and I matted it on to dark brown card by Papermill. The image is by Bugaboo and I coloured it with my Promarkers before cutting with a Spellbinder die. Pearls by Mei Flower were added to the collar as studs and two 'diamonds' again by Mei Flower were added as glints in her eyes. I used Distress Ink in Barn Door colour to smudge the edges before setting to the right of the card. The panel to the left is embossed with a Cuttlebug folder that I've had for years. I'd cut the panel with another Spellbinder die and after embossing I used brown Distress Ink to smudge the letters so that they would stand out better.

I'm entering my card into the following challenges:

Digi Choosday - Anything Goes
Ike's World - A is for Animals
Lemon Shortbread - Anything Goes
2 Crafty Critter Crazies - Anything with a Critter
A Bit More Time to Craft - Anything Goes
Crafts Galore Encore - Anything Goes
Love to Craft - Anything Goes

12 comments:

  1. I love this card Hazel. The dog's face is a picture - especially with her sweet flower. Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, this is adorable! Wonderful use of the embossed die with your focal image and background! The pearls on the collar are a great touch! This definitely makes me happy! Thanks for sharing with us at Digi Choosday! ~ Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is super cute! I love the expression on the dog's face!

    Hugs,
    Chriss - DT sister

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Hazel this is a stunning card. I love that doggy image you have used. Happy New Year. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card! love that dog with this card design .
    Thanks for sharing with us here at http://ttcrd.blogspot.com/
    Good luck with your entry and hope we see more from you soon .
    Shirley-Anne DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, Hazel - especially love how you've added pearls as studs on the collar - obviously an aristocratic dog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's delightful - he's such a sweet little chap too :-)
    Thank you for coming over to play at IKEsWORLD Challenges :-)
    Hugz
    IKE x

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hehe that is adorable. Thank you for participating at Ike's World Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just love that image. She's such a cute little pup. Great layout. Maggie, DT Sister

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy New Year, Hazel! Your puppy is DEFINITELY happy, even without that fun sentiment reiterating his happiness. Such a cute card! So glad I got to see your critter project showcased at the 2 Crafty Critter Crazies Challenge. Thanks for supporting us, and we hope to see more of your pretty creations in the future. Please check back to see if you are a winner or A Designer Favorite. Sending you wishes for a wonderful day!
    Smiles,
    Donna
    {Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy new year to you too Hazel. Love this chap, hes a bit cheeky! Thank you for sharing him at 2CCC. X

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice! Thank you for sharing your project with us at the Crafts Galore Encore “Anything Goes” January Challenge. DT Monika

    ReplyDelete