Followers

Sunday 20 January 2019

IAAS - Choose a Movie





I set the theme of 'Choose a Movie' over at International Art and Soul so please come and join us.

After choosing the theme a few weeks previously I was stumped as to which movie to choose. I looked through my images and a few movies eventually popped into my mind but I still couldn't settle on one. I left my craft room and went downstairs to think and an idea came straight into my head. I'd been looking through family photos and liked this one of me and one of my sisters. Lorna died in November and I decided to make this card showing a photo of us, me at 9 and Lorna at 12, best buddies. 

The Way We Were.

The card blank is 7x7 by Craft UK.  The background paper is from Paper Cellar and I matted it on to pink card by Papermill. After printing the photo I matted it on to pink card and set it at an angle to the top left of the mat. I added two Memory Box dies of hanging flowers, again in pink card, to the right. The film title was generated on the computer, printed in pink and matted on the pink card. A small Spellbinder die of a butterfly was added to the small plaque and to finish off the design I added a strip of ribbon gems to the bottom edge. I bought this ribbon in America a few years ago and it's lasted for ages.

I'm entering my card into the following challenges:

Crafting from the Heart - Anything Goes
A Perfect Time to Craft - Anything Goes
Crafts Galore Encore - Anything Goes
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper - Anything Goes with Patterned Paper
Creations in Pink - Anything Goes in mainly pink
Lemon Shortbread - Anything Goes
Crafty Creations - Anything Goes
Double D Challenge - Looking Back in Time

Thank you all for visiting, I hope to see you all again soon.




11 comments:

  1. This is a lovely card and such a beautiful memory for you Hazel. I'm sure your sister is smiling down at you. Thanks for a great challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hazel this is a stunning card I love it. Thank you for joining us at Moving Along with the Times Challenge Blog The theme is Have a Heart. Hugs Jackie DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! Sorry for the loss of your sister. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Looking Back in Time’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Hazel, this is so lovely, you made me cry. I had an older sister that I was very close to pass away 12 years ago. She was a kindergarten teacher and loved children. She has 7 grandchildren now . I often think of how proud she would be of all of them .

    I love the colors that you used , I love those pinks, grays and black.

    Hugs,
    Chriss

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, so cute!!! Beautiful design! It's great to have you with us this week !! Good luck in our draw and we are waiting for you next week in a new TTCRD challenge !!!
    Claudia Martins - DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautifully done! Great design! Thank you so much for entering the challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to seeing you again in the next challenge.
    Hugs & Craftiness,
    AngelaThrough The Craft Room Door DT
    Taste Of Craftiness {My Blog}
    Through The Craft Room Door
    http://craftrmdoor.ning.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty. I love the color combo of pink and gray. Great job on the theme. Hugs, Maggie, DT Sister

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh, what a beautiful card! So lovely to ave these old photos to raise a smile through happy memories :) It would make a lovely page for a Scrapbook. Thank you for sharing with us at Craftyhazelnut's PPC XXX

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Creations in Pink, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lovely card and a fabulous colourway.
    Thank you for joining in with the Crafts Galore Encore January Challenge “Anything Goes”. Good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card Hazel and love your photo-thank you for your comment and sorry I have a confession to make I had the stamp and googled to see if there was a film to fit!!!
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete