Followers

Sunday 29 April 2018

IAAS Interactive





This theme 'Interactive' was set by CraftyGirl over at International Art and Soul. Come over and join us and show us what you can do. 

I'm not keen on any fancy shapes or interactive cards but felt I had to try this challenge. My base card is an 8x8 card by Craft UK. I used a sheet of oriental paper that I've had for years. I bought it from Create and Craft TV about ten years ago - at least. I made another smaller card to go centrally on the front of the card blank but then wanted to capture the beautiful flower so it's to the right of the centre. I used another sheet of the same oriental paper to cover this 'door' and added a green tassel, from Joanna Sheen, as the opener. The green jewelled ribbon is one that I bought in America a few years ago. My daughters in law couldn't believe how many rolls of ribbon I bought when we were on holiday. lol I set it across the hinged top and the bottom of the door and then cut a length down the middle to go down each side of the door. The hidden message is an oriental saying from a book of oriental sayings and quotes. It was generated on the computer and printed in pink on pink paper in Shanghai font. The card opens as normal and has a pink insert printed in pink saying 'With love and best wishes' again in the Shanghai font. I'm not sure that I would ever send this to any of my friends because it's just not my style but I did have fun making it.

I'm entering my card into the following challenges:

Creative Craft Cottage - Anything Goes
Love to Craft - Anything Goes
Crafty Friends - Flowers
Crafting with Friends - Anything Goes
Simon Says Wednesday - Anything Goes
Word Art Wednesday - Anything Goes

Thank you all for visiting and thank you for any comments. 


8 comments:

  1. This card is so lovely and elegant Hazel! I love the oriental paper and the tassel, just Beautiful!

    Hugs,
    Chriss - DT Sister

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hazel this is a stunning card. I love it. Have a great week. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful card! Thank you for sharing with us over at Love To Craft! Hope to see you again!
    ~ DT Sherry x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful, i love the oriental papers and feel to it.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog. Have a great day x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, love the shape. Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Crafty Friends, we hope to see you back again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Hazel… Thanks for joining our ‘Flowers’ challenge with your lovely card… such a fab shape. Please join us again next time at Crafty Friends Challenge Blog. Good luck!
    Diane Louise
    [Team Leader for Crafty Friends Challenge Blog]

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful!! Thank you for joining us at Creative Craft Cottage :)

    ReplyDelete