Followers

Sunday 15 April 2018

IAAS Paper Piecing




This challenge theme was set by Maggie over at International Art and Soul and it's 'Paper Piecing'.

I used a Craft UK 7x7 card blank and, on the front, with a shake of my Brushos made a colourful background for my image. The Bugaboo image of JJ was printed on white paper and two sheets of paper from 12x12 paper pads from The Works. I coloured parts of the image on the white paper with my Promarkers before cutting with a Spellbinder oval die. Next job was to cut out the sections of the image on the coloured papers that I wanted to paper piece. The trousers, blouse and three of the handbags were all cut out and then carefully placed on the image. It's quite a few years since I did any paper piecing so I was quite chuffed with how it turned out. I edged the oval with Distress Ink and set it against the Brushos background.  I generated the sentiment on the computer and cut it with another Spellbinder die before edging with Distress Ink. I thought it needed another splash of colour so used my Memory Box (I think) die of the flower or star - I'm not sure what it is - cut it in bright red card from Papermill and set it in the top right corner. Finished, I had fun making it and I think it turned out well. 

I'm entering my card into the following challenges:

Aud Sentiments - Happy Birthday
Seize the Birthday - Birthday and Vibrant Colours
Crafty Creations - Anything Goes
Creative Moments - Anything Goes/No Housework
Pause Dream Enjoy - Anything Goes
Crafty Sentiments - Only for Girls
Digi Choosday - Anything Goes
Lemon Shortbread - Anything Goes
Crafting from the Heart - Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment. 

15 comments:

  1. Lovely paper piecing. Thank you for sharing with us at Crafting From the Heart.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card! Thank you for sharing it with us at Creative Moments! Hope to see you again next time.

    xx Grietje
    Grietje's Kaartenhoekje
    Creative Moments

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colourful background you have accomplished with your Brushos.
    Great card!
    Thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments Designs
    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is wonderful Hazel! I'm super impressed with your background! Paper piecing allows us to add detail to areas we otherwise would have had to create ourselves, so it's always impressive, but somehow I think you would have been able to do whatever you liked to those areas! Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Digi Choosday
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well she has certainly done a lot of shopping. Look at all of the colorful boxes in her hands. Thanks for sharing this card with us at Seize the birthday with the additional toppings of vibrant colors.
    Barbara DT member

    ReplyDelete
  6. So eye catching Hazel with the wonderful primary colours used, a really 'happy' card :) :) :) Great bit of paper piecing and hope you had fun revisiting a technique you have not done for a while. :) :) :) xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great technique used. Thanks for joining us at Through the craft room door this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card! Thanks for join us at Crafty Sentiments this time, good luck with the draw. Hugs Beatriz DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous make,great coloring and design...thank you for sharing it with us at DIGI CHOOSDAY CHALLENGE
    Željka DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness! This card is awesome. Love the image you used with the paper piecing element.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A great card and very effective way to highlight paper piecing! Thanks for sharing with us at Lemon Shortbread.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a fabulous make! Thank you so much for playing along at Creative Moments Challenge this fortnight.
    Crafty hugs, Mary (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous - so much paper piecing - it looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute card
    Thanks for joining us in our 8th Birthday celebration at Aud Sentiments
    Julie T

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice card
    Thx for joining Aud Sentiments Challenge

    ReplyDelete