Followers

Sunday 1 April 2018

IAAS Make card style you haven't made before




 Come and join us at International Art and Soul and show us what you can do with this theme. CG chose 'Make a card style you haven't made before' and it was difficult for me to come up with something. I've tried almost every style going and I still prefer the plain square or rectangle, occasionally branching out to a circle or oval if the image demands it. lol 

I hadn't tried a rocker card so this is it! I decided that it would be for a child because I don't think my friends or family would be in to this style.

I used my Spellbinders large circle to cut into a sheet of white card and then cut a smaller scalloped circle in dark blue, both sheets of card from Papermill. After matting the scalloped circle on to the white I carefully folded them in half and used my bone folder to give them a good crease. Yes, they stood up and rocked when I pushed them - so far so good. I used more Spellbinder dies, in a smaller size, to cut pale blue and white before matting them together. This is when I decided to use some Disney stickers which I've had forever!! I placed them around the pale blue scalloped circle before adding the circle to the rocker. When it rocks it looks fun for a child but I don't think I'll be making any more of this style either.

I'm entering my card into the following challenges:
Crafty Sentiments - Anything Goes
Creates and Makes - Anything Goes
Lemon Shortbread - Anything Goes
Through the Craft Room Door - Always Anything Goes
Crafty Creations - Anything Goes
Simon Says Wednesday - Anything Goes

8 comments:

  1. You did such a great job of this card Hazel, I am quite envious as when I have tried it in the past I could not get it to stand properly so hats off to you :) :) :) Turned out to be a fabulous kids card :) xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hazel this is a stunning card I love the design. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great project! Thanks for join us at Crafty Sentiments designs this time, good luck and hope to see you next time! Hugs Beatriz DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun project, love the fun design of it.
    Thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. Have a great day x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! What a fabulous project! Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Hugs Judy
    DT member at TTCRD
    TTCRD DT
    https://scrappyonmylevel.blogspot.com/ {Welcome to follow my blog}
    Through The Craft Room Door
    ttcrd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what a fun rocker card - great project. Thanks so very much for stopping by and joining us at the Crafty Creations Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely card you have made here which fits perfectly the Lemon Shortbread Monthly Challenge this fortnight. It's nice to try different styles of cards and this rocker card is perfect. I had problems when I first did easel cards as the recipients didn't know how to stand them up. Thank you for entering and best wishes in the draw. Kym (Lemon Shortbread Design Team Member).

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely ! Thank you so much for sharing your work with us at Creates and Makes
    WIshing you good luck to win beautiful digistamps !

    ReplyDelete