Followers

Sunday 30 March 2014

Easter Greetings



A friend on Facebook, and a DT buddie on one of my DTs, asked if I would like to be guest designer for today on this site   I was up to date on my DT cards and as I'm trying to get back into blogging more I accepted.

She sent me the sheet of images to use. It's a pre-coloured sheet and includes the little girl, an image of lilies, a selection of sentiment tickets, a border of little chicks and some eggs. I decided to use the little girl and one of the sentiment tickets - unfortunately my writing isn't the best. In the past I would have asked Eric to do the writing for me because his writing was perfect and mine leaves a lot to be desired. It was good until I broke my right wrist and now my hand has a mind of its own and jumps when I don't  want it to and the pen does a scribble. lol

The sponsor is High Tea Design.

I tore round the image of the little girl and then used Distress Ink in peeled paint on the edges. The yellow card was embossed with a Crafter's Companion embossalicious folder and then the same Distress Ink was used on the top of the pattern. I matted the yellow on to pink card, both from Papermill, as the mat. The card blank is by Craft UK. Before affixing the mat to the card base I wrapped a strip of flowered washi tape round the left side of the card to tie in with the flowers in the little girl's basket. I fussy cut the sentiment ticket and distressed the edges before raising on foam pads. I then added some silver flowers to complete the design. These are like little charms and I bought them at the Bluewater Craft Fair a couple of years ago but have no idea of the make or supplier.

I'm entering my card into the following challenges:

Brown Sugar Challenge - Easter
Challenges and Candies - Embossing
Simply Create Too - Easter or Bunnies
Aud Sentiments Challenge - Easter
Paper Crafting Journey - Anything Goes



9 comments:

  1. I really like the torn edges and distressing you did on that image panel Hazel! I never thought of using peeled paint to distress - but that looks good kiddo! Thank you for sharing your project & creativity with us!
    ~ginny,
    DT for Aud Sentiments: [#103 "Easter or Spring Sentiment"]
    RubberMAD (GettyCollection.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Hazel: Adorable Easter card . I love your cute image. Thank you for entering our Easter/Bunny Challenge at Simply Create Too.

    Diane
    Simply Create Too Design Team Member
    http://SimplyCreateToo.blogspot.com
    http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! this is really beautiful Hazel… such a fab vintage image and I love the pretty embossing.. your writing looks perfect and is lovely touch!
    I have the same trouble with my hand jumping when colouring… it's really annoying! Lol
    Hope you have a good week!
    Big hugs
    Sue B xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful Hazel. Great embossing and I love the image. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at Paper Crafting Journey.

    Hugs
    Cathy DT Member
    xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab card. Love it! Thank you for playing with Aud Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for playing with us at Izazovi i sladkiši (Challenges and candies).
    Hugs, Keti (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw this is so in my "style" I love it - anything sepia, vintage and distressed I just go for! Gorgeous image and love how you made it so spring-related.

    Thank you for joining us at Aud Sentiments! Love Marie-Clare x

    cardsbymc.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card you made! I like your embossing :-))
    Thank you for joining us at "Izazovi i Slatkiši". Good luck and please join us again!
    Hugs, Andreja

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this vintagey Easter card! Thanks for joining us at Simply Create Too!

    ReplyDelete