Followers

Friday 4 April 2014

Tiger Lily


This image is called 'Lilleth' and is by Teri of Delicious Doodles. However, I've decided to call her Tiger Lily because I've coloured the lilies as tiger lilies. We had masses of tiger lilies in our garden when I was young and I always loved them. Unfortunately, I've never been very successful at growing them in my own gardens over the years.

After I'd decided to colour them as tiger lilies that decided the rest of my colour scheme - orange and green. A very bright and cheery card. I coloured the image with Promarkers and after cutting as a rectangle I matted it on to lime green card. The card blank is by Joanna Sheen and the orange and green card is all from Papermill. The image is so beautiful that it doesn't really need many embellishments so I kept it relatively simple. It was matted on to a bright orange base that I embossed with a Crafter's Companion 'A Stitch in Time' embossalicious folder. I added a lime green cord down the right with a Lili of the Valley sentiment set at the top of the cord. I stamped the sentiment and embossed it with Cosmic bronze embossing powder before cutting with a Spellbinders lacy circle die. I added a few green gems in the corners, job done.

I'm entering my card into the following challenges:

Crafts Galore Encore Challenge - Creating with colour (use your favourite colour - mine is green).
Crafting by Designs - Anything Goes
Digi Choosday Challenge - Flower Power
Ladybug Crafts Ink - Birthdays
Oldie but a Goodie Challenge - April Showers bring May Flowers oldie is green cord, I've had for years.

12 comments:

  1. WOW Hazel, this is gorgeous! Your coloring is stunning and I love that image!
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Hazel...your colouring is amazing...especially her hair!! I love orange and green together and really sets Lilleth (or Tiger Lily as you call her lol) off. Thanks for joining our Birthday challenge at LCI this fortnight xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's gorgeous Hazel......you've coloured her so well......wish I had hair like that!
    hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Hazel, love the image beautifully coloured.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card and great colouring, thank you for joining in with us at Digi Choosday Challenge!! Yvonne (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow this is just gorgeous with awesome colouring and smacks of spring.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing card Thanks for joining the challenge at http://www.digichoosday .blogspot.co.uk/
    hugs and good luck Susan DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so beautiful Hazel. Your colouring is perfect and you have chosen such lovely colours. Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another gorgeous card Hazel, you have coloured in the main image beautifully :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning card! Love the vibrant colors!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card - your colouring is fab!
    Thanks for playing at Oldie but a Goodie!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Love the vibrant colors and image. Thanks for joining us in our almost month long Anything Goes Challenge at Crafting by Designs.
    Hugs, Sharon/Dt

    ReplyDelete