Followers

Thursday 24 April 2014

MAWTT Transportation



It's Tammy's turn to host the Moving Along with the Times challenge this week and she chose as her theme 'Transportation'.

I had to get my thinking cap on for this one. I'd just bought two new designs from Joanna Sheen's Signature dies collection because they hold special memories for me. The mini cooper which we had when the 'boys' were young and a beetle which was the first car that number two son, Tim, bought. I put them together with a motor bike which I'd bought previously from the same collection and voila, my transportation theme was sorted. The motor bike doesn't hold such happy memories as our number one son, Peter, had a very serious accident on one four years ago.

My card blank is from Joanna Sheen and the blue card was in a secret santa pack that I received. I used a sheet of Papermill beige paper as background after I'd embossed it with a Crafter's Companion embossalicious folder. I matted it on to the blue card and then fixed it to the card blank as the base for the design. The dies were all cut in white card and then I coloured each one, with my Promarkers, in the original colours of the vehicles we owned. The blue circles holding each vehicle diecut is from a Sue Wilson Italian collection die set and they're in Papermill blue card. The stars and the corner are from Signature dies and I then only had to add the sentiment 'Memories' which was generated on the computer and matted on to more Papermill blue card.

I'm entering my card into the following challenges:
Crafting from the Heart - Anything Goes
The Crafty Bloggers Network - Diecuts or embossing
Come and Get It - Where the Boys are
Dragonfly Dreams Challenge - Make it for the Boys
The Crafting Cafe - One for the Boys



15 comments:

  1. Mmm, those were the days Hazel. Love your card! Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the different types of transport Hazel and that embossed background is great. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that embossing folder, what a great texture! What fun die cut cars as well and I love the personal connection, makes it more special! xJessie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this card Hazel especially since its got a mini on it. We are a mini family with my cousin having an old one and the new style BMW one. I had one too till I had Jake and then I couldnt fit in it!! LOL

    Love Hazelxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is fab Hazel… those dies are brilliant and I love the embossing! the card has a lovely retro feel to it!
    Hope you have a lovely evening!
    Big hugs
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card Hazel, love the fab embossed background.
    Hugs
    Carole xXx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, Hazel. I like that you colored the cars in the original colors when you owned them. Great card and memories for y'all. Thank you for joining us at Come And Get It challenges. Bunny- DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fabulous Hazel, I love the embossed background and your super fun die cuts!
    Hugs, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great card for a guy, love it!

    Thanks for joining us at Dragonfly Dreams and I hope we see you again soon!

    Hugz

    Laurian
    Owner Dragonfly Dreams

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a great looking card, and I think it is one any man would appreciate. Thank you for sharing with us at Dragonfly Dreams, hope we see you again soon...
    Love and Huggers ~ Lady Anne xx
    Dragonfly Dreams
    Lady Anne's
    Show it Off

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, A lovely card, Thank you for joining Crafting From The Heart this week. Good luck and we hope to see you again soon.
    Hugs Erin DT and Co Owner x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic card Hazel! I love the cars & the bike!
    Thanks for playing along with us at The Crafting Cafe this month!
    Good Luck
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Hazel a great cute card for a boy. Love the bright colours you have chosen.
    Thankyou for joining our challenge this week at crafting from the heart.
    Hugs
    Fiona
    DT/blog co-owner x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card! Love the classic mini die!! I actually own a classic mini! They rock!x

    ReplyDelete