Followers

Sunday 13 April 2014

OSAAT #208 - Use a Digi



This week the theme is Use a Digi so come along and join us at One Stitch at a Time. It was Josephine's turn to choose an image for our mini team and she chose Ike's 'Dragon', available at the Stitchybear Digi Outlet. 

I coloured the image with my Promarkers and then tore him out! I used Distress Ink in Barn Door on the edges - it's the fire in him. The image was raised on foam pads to lift him up off the mat for some dimension. My card blank is by Joanna Sheen. The pearlescent card in that lovely bluey grey colour was bought at the Bluewater Craft Fair a couple of years ago but I have no idea who supplied it. I embossed it with a Crafter's Companion embossalicious folder and then raised it on foam pads. I wrapped three strands of Creative Expressions' baker's twine round the mat before fixing. The red heart just behind the sentiment is cut with my new X Cut nesting die set. The only other embellishment is a small brass heart tied to the twine on the left. I think this heart was a freebie in a magazine but I can't be sure.

Please check the OSAAT blog for details of the prizes.

I'm entering my card into the following challenges:
Through the Craft Room Door - Anything Goes
Digi Makeover Challenge - Anything Goes
The Squirrel and the Fox Challenge - All Creatures Great and Small
Crafty Catz Weekly Challenge - Animals
Crafty Hands Challenge - Anything Goes
Sister Act Card Challenge - Anything Goes
4Krafty Girlz Challenge - Anything Goes
Crafty Calendar Challenge - Things with Wings
Paper Creator's Crafts Challenge - Spots and Dots

Well, that's it for this week. My son and daughter in law are coming up for a visit on Tuesday and they'll be travelling up here from Kent. On Wednesday we're off to my brother's funeral in Lincolnshire. I'm sorry that I won't be visiting you over the next week. I hope you all enjoy the challenge and I'll catch up with you all when things are back to normal here.

Thanks for your comments.

16 comments:

  1. Love your dragon Hazel and the embossed background looks great. Hope all goes well with your brother's funeral. Such sad occasions. Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always thought of dragons as fearsome creatures Hazel but now you have shown me that they can breathe flames of heartfelt love and passion. Ooooh, your wonderful colouring of the dragon quite takes my breath away and to display him on that gorgeous bluey/grey pearlescent card is very beautiful. Adding texture with crisp but unfussy embossing keeps the eye focused on the wonderful image and message of love. A beautiful card Hazel.

    Hope your week goes well for you .....I'm sure that you will enjoy time with your son and D-in-L. Love Ingrid xxx ♥ ♥ ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like how you cut the Dragon out & the inking on the edges. Condoloences & prayers on the loss of your brother. My brother likes Dragons.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    OSAAT DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another cracking card Hazel, this is just stunning. Love the contrast of the light twine around the card - perfect :) :) :) Big hugs Jane xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card. You colored the image so well and the embossed background looks fantastic. Hugs, Sujin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your dragon looks fabulous in those soft colours, and the tearing works really well. (I don't think I'd be brave enough ...)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fabulous !! I love the torn edging and how the heart comes out the side. Awesome colouring :-) Thank you for using one of my images :-D
    Hugz
    IKE xxxxxxxxxx

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so fun and I love how you have tied the twine.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that dragon! And the twine was a great idea.
    My sympathies at this difficult time.
    Thanks for playing along with the current CraftyHands challenge. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete
  10. fab card Hazel! the Dragon is beautifully coloured and I love how you torn the paper around it and added the red ink! All the best in this sad times. Thank you so much for joining us in our Animals challenge at Crafty Catz .
    Mirella DK
    DT Crafty Catz challenge – Cute and Crafty Cards by Mirella

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your creation Hazel. This is image is so cute and I love the textured background you used...kind of like the scales on a dragon. Very nice card to give or receive.

    Lynn, OSAAT DT Teamie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for joining us at 4 Krafty Girlz this time. Good Luck. Hugs Angelie

    ReplyDelete
  13. What awesome colouring. Love the textured background. Thank you for joining us over at Crafty Catz. Hugs Nina

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lol, I had to giggle when I read "it's the fire in him", that is cute. :D I love how you colored him with the promarkers and tore the edges to distress with the ink. I also like the little heart charm you added, so beautiful. :D You are so creative, love it!! :D
    Hugs,
    Deborah OSAAT DT sis

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous coloring and a very striking design. Maggie - OSAAT DT Teamie

    ReplyDelete