Followers

Sunday 27 April 2014

OSAAT #210 Anything Goes



This week's theme is Anything Goes. Come along and join us at One Stitch at a Time. I chose Coosty Creations' Squirrel image from the Stitchybear Digi Outlet. It's actually a Squirrel image and paper pack and you do get four backing papers with the image. I had already decided on my colour scheme of brown and grey so I didn't use the backing papers.

I coloured the image with my Promarkers and then cut it with a Spellbinders label die. The card blank is by Joanna Sheen and the backing paper is by Costco. I matted the backing paper on to Papermill's dark brown card as the base. The image was raised on pads to give a bit of dimension to the design. The dark brown card was also used for the corners cut with a Memory Box die. Another Spellbinder die was used for the lovely shape in the top left. The die cut below the image was, I think, a Cheery Lynn die but I'm not 100% sure. Some pearls  from Wild Orchid Crafts finished it off.

Please check the OSAAT blog for details of prizes.

I'm entering my card into the following challenges:
4kraftygirlz Challenge - Anything Goes
Fan-Tastic Tuesday - Anything Goes
Through the Craft Room Door - Anything Goes
Crafting from the Heart - Anything Goes
Crafty Bloggers Network - Dies or Embossing
Created with Love Challenge - In the Garden
Incy Wincy Designs Challenge - Furry Friends



14 comments:

  1. Like how you framed the image.Like the coloring & embellishing. We have many squirrels in our area but a few less now that we had a Live Oak Tree cut down in our front yard.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    OSAAT DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. He looks great, Hazel! It never occurred to me that he could be a red squirrel! I've only ever seen grey ones, and there're so many around here that it's hard to remember they're not native to the UK.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Hazel! What a sweet and handsome card. Really like your coloring! Your die-cut embellishments are so lovely too, plus that bit of bling. Have a great week! Best, CG

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally in awe, this is stunnin Hazel, you did a fabulous job on colouring the squirrel, he looks so real :) :) :) Love the dies you have used to finish off this beautiful piece of artwork, just gorgeous all round. Thank you so much for creating this wonderful eye candy with my Coosty pack :) :) Hugs Jane xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Design, thank you so much for joining in with the the fun over at Fan-Tastic Tuesday, it means a lot....I hope you will join us again next week for another fab challenge, and Good Luck in the draw....
    Hugs
    Suzy B Owner Fan-Tastic Tuesday
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous work Hazel, you colored the squirrel so life like! Love those dies you used on your card!
    Shell in Alaska

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is adorable. Love the little squirrel. Great coloring too. Thanks for plying along with us at Created with Love Challenges.
    Linda K. DT.
    www.ladybugstampers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just lovely Hazel. That squirrel looks so real. I love what you've created and the little bits of bling and corners really make your card just lovely.

    Lynn, OSAAT DT Teamie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry I am late in visiting but i have been in the north east spending some time with my sister. I love the way you have coloured your squirrel - not easy I'm sure! Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great layout and the image is fun. Nice coloring! Thanks for sharing this with us at Through The Craft Room Door, hope to see you again in our new challenge! - XX Cara

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute. Lovely coloring and I like all your die cuts. Maggie DT Teamie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hazel, He sure did turn out cute, especially with the die you used to frame him up. I also like all the other dies you used, just lovely. : D
    Deborah (OSAAT DT sis)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aww this is really sweet Hazel.. such a fab image and your colouring is awesome… I love his fluffy tail !! beautiful colour combo too! :-)
    Hope you are doing ok
    Big Hugs Sue B xx

    ReplyDelete