Followers

Sunday 4 May 2014

OSAAT #211 Ribbon or Lace



The theme this week over at One Stitch at a Time is Ribbon or Lace. I chose this pretty image of Pansies by CraftyGirl at the Stitchybear Digi Outlet.

My card blank is a large square by Joanna Sheen. The dusky pink paper and the yellow pearlescent card is by Hobbycraft. I coloured the image with Promarkers and then after cutting I used Distress Ink on the edges. I used a strip of cream lace across the bottom of the card and then used a Marianne die to cut the swirls in green pearlescent card. The green swirls are to echo the swirls in CraftyGirl's design. I topped the swirls with an Art and Crafts Diecuts Ltd flower. I've had this book of diecuts for at least a couple of years and never used any of the images before. I cut three layers of the flower out and then layered them trying to keep them quite flat (for posting purposes) before adding some Glossy Accents and a yellow gem as the centre. It took me a long time to finish this card because I started it before I took time off to go to my brother's funeral and then couldn't get started again. It was one of those cards that just don't come easily. I eventually finished it and now I quite like it.

Please check out the OSAAT blog for details of the prizes on offer this week.

I'm entering my card into the following challenges:
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Mellow Yellow
Creative Colours - Use 3 colours from photo and Flowers
Fan-Tastic Tuesday - Floral
Through the Craft Room Door - Anything Goes
4kraftygirlz Challenge- Anything Goes
Crafting By Designs - Anything Goes
Creative Moments Challenge - Anything Goes/Spring
Little Red Wagon Challenge - DIY Flower
Simon Says - Anything Goes







20 comments:

  1. This is so pretty, Hazel! Love how you've mirrored the flowers and swirls in your embellishment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautifully delicate card and such perfect embellishments to go with the pansies, loving this one Hazel :) :) Big hugs Jane xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful card thanks for joining us at creative moments challenge xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love Pansies and this card is so pretty with them, Love Hazelxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a really pretty card Hazel and I love the image. The swirl mimicing the swirl in the image is a nice touch. Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Hazel, wonderful image and love the added flower with the swirl die cut!

    ¸..• ´¨¨)) -:¦:-¸.•´ .•´¨¨))*((¸¸.•´ ..•´
    Shell in Alaska ~ OSAAT DT ~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous flowers and I love the touch of lace. Thanks for playing along with us this week in the Anything Goes Challenge on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty Hazel, lovely colours. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW, Hazel, what a beautiful card....love it! Thanks so much for taking the time to play along in our Creative Colors Challenge! Hugs, Sabrina (CCC DT)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hazel your card is beautiful. Love pansies. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Creative Colors challenges.
    Linda K. DT
    www.ladybugstampers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty Hazel! The 3D blossom looks wonderful! Thanks so much for joining along with the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this one Hazel! Beuaitufl card and gorgeosu colors!
    Thanks for joining the TTCRD challenges.
    Hugs,Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautifully colored pansies. TFS at Creative Colors Challenge. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card Hazel. I am so very sorry about the death of your brother. This is a sad time for you. My Deepest Sympathy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Hazel...this is a lovely image and coloured so beautifully. Very spring-like to me, which I need, as we've had such a rough winter, but I do now actually believe spring is coming. I love flower embellishment too. Great card to give or receive.

    Lynn, OSAAT DT Teamie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous card hun love it and thanks so much for joining us at Fan-Tastic Tuesday x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi,

    Lovely card.

    Thanks for joining us at Creative Colors Challenge and good luck!!

    hugs
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a beautiful card! I love that you focused on flowers! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Little Red Wagon!

    ReplyDelete
  19. love the image flourish and added lace -my sympathy on the death of your brother
    --thanks for joining us at Crafty Girls
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely image and coloring. My sympathies on the loss of your brother. Maggie, OSAAT DT Teamie

    ReplyDelete