Followers

Saturday, 5 March 2011

My Second Less is More Challenge

Today, after seeing Jan's entry which reminded me of the LIM Challenge, I went online to see what this week's challenge was to be. Pastels, oh, heck! I'm a bit heavy handed for pastels but never mind. I actually used Derwent's pastel pencils - probably hoping I could actually do pastel colouring with them. :) I stamped out a Joanna Sheen image of daisies with a Memento Rich Cocoa ink pad and then coloured with the Derwent pencils. I cut the image out with a circular Nestability and edged it with a pale pink Versa Color ink pad. The edge of the card is embossed with a Martha Stewart Scor-pal and a Hero Arts sentiment stamp is bottom left.

I've just looked at the card on the enlargement scan and seen a splodge to the left of the image - it's Flowersoft from a previous card, ugh!

22 comments:

  1. What lovely daisies, Hazel
    Love all the white space
    Thanks so much for joining us
    SEe you again
    mandi
    "Less is More!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hazel what a pretty card...love those flowers and their soft colours.

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really pretty Hazel... I love daisies, they're such friendly flowers!
    Thanks for joining us and we hope to see you next time!
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card - daisies just ask for pastels don't they? xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so pretty, lovely colours xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card Hazel, colouring is fab.

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely - pretty card and I think you are brave for using pencils - I never manage to get them to look right as I am too heavy handed with them x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely image, like the scoring around the edge, very effective.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Terrific card, beautiful colouring.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a lovely card Hazel, I do love daisies and I think you've coloured them perfectly. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hazel, your coloring looks fabulous! Love the daisies!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card and great shading, Well done.
    Maureen........x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is lovely, I love daisies too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely card Hazel. Daisies look so delicate xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. You're not heavy handed Hazel; these look perfect to me. Such a pretty card.
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. this is so beautiful!! well done :) x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very pretty Hazel, lovely delicate colouring. x

    ReplyDelete
  18. A really beautiful image and well done using pencils, your colouring and shading is superb. Great elegant card:-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Perfect sentiment for this prettily coloured image! Warmest wishes, Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is so pretty. I love the soft colouring and the scored detail on the edge of the card.

    ReplyDelete