Followers

Wednesday 6 April 2011

Nothing today apart from play

I haven't made any cards again today but I have messed about. I bought a Creative Expressions Holly Mask a few weeks ago and I haven't done anything with it until today. I dry embossed first on to vellum but that wasn't a success, it cut through in quite a few places so I gave that up as a bad job. After another attempt on coloured paper that embossed better in some spots than in others, I tried on good quality white paper. It embossed beautifully but then I didn't quite know what to do with it. If I use it for Christmas cards they are going to be very expensive cards to post all over the world because they will be quite big cards. I did an all white Christmas card last Christmas so I would want to inject a bit of colour this year. I did try colouring with mica powders but once again, I made a mess of it. Anyone got any good ideas of how to use it? I might have to rethink my Christmas cards but as I've started thinking about them very early this year I've still got plenty of time. Hope you're enjoying the good weather where you are. I might do some colouring in now. I feel like a rest after all that messing around.

2 comments:

  1. hazel im wondering if you could tape the mask down and try the distressing inks just to catch the embossed areas
    hugs linda x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hazel, I have just bought a couple after seeing Sue Wilson demo them. She suggested using Stick & Spray to adhere the masks to your card and then she used Distress Inks over them.
    Sue also put them through the Grand Calibur to emboss and then inked them. If you use a Versamark over them you can then use Mica Powders. She also used Comic Shimmer Mists with them. Hope this helps
    Hugs
    Christine xx

    ReplyDelete