Followers

Friday 28 October 2011

Oh Baby/No designer papers

I've combined two challenges again with this card - Crafty Sentiments has the theme 'No Designer Papers' and Ladybug Crafts Ink has the theme 'Oh, baby'. I actually finished this card last night and when I looked at it completed I didn't like it! I put it to one side and thought I would wait until today and decide whether to enter it in to the challenges or not. It certainly looks better today so I'll make an attempt.

I took a 6 inch square card blank from Craft UK and embossed it with a Creative Expressions tulip Mica Mask. I then held the mask in place and used Distress Inks in peeled paint and mustard seed to colour the tulips.I punched two holes at the spine to take a length of narrow organza ribbon from Create and Craft. My baby image is one of Joanna Sheen's early stamp sets. It was stamped in Memento ink and coloured with Promarkers, before being cut with a Spellbinders plain rectangle nesties. I set it at a 'jaunty angle' near the top of the card and added three small yellow pearls to the bottom right. The pearls are from WOC.

8 comments:

  1. This is just gorgeous Hazel.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow! love your baby card Hazel

    wendy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah thats soooo sweet. Thanks for joining us at LCI this week.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely card,Thanks for sharing it with us at LCI this week. Have a great weekend,Julie.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a beautiful card Hazel I don't know why you're not happy with it! Love all the embossed texture
    Laurie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you went ahead with this card and entered our challenge it is beautiful, lovely and soft. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card Hazel. I love the embossing folder. xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful Hazel, love the embossing and yellow shades... yes me too like to leave a card for the next day when I am not so sure about it.

    ReplyDelete