Followers

Sunday 18 December 2011

#93 Please Drink Responsibly

This is the last challenge before Christmas over at One Stitch at a Time Challenge Blog and the theme of this challenge is everyone's favourite 'Anything Goes'. I chose Stitchy's digi called Please Drink Responsibly. I used a large scalloped card blank from Craft UK but I have no idea where I got the striped purple card from. :(

Our sponsor this week is Stitchybear herself, brilliant!

I coloured the digi with Promarkers, edged it with Dusty Concord Distress Ink and cut it with a Spellbinders grand oval nestie. I used a lilac flowered paper in a scalloped oval the next size up and then backed that with a purple grand nestie oval in the next size up again. The purple card is from Papermill. The matted layers made a beautiful frame for this fun image. I used a Sakura stardust pen for the glasses and the button on her trousers. I added some purple pearls, from WOC, for earrings and necklace - then I put it through the Grand Calibur again, which flattened the pearls and I think they look pretty cool! I added a piece of lilac lace which I bought at the local market and a band of the striped card, to go across the lace. Purple flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts and the leaves are cut with Crealies dies.

I'm entering my card in to the following challenges:
Cupcake Craft Challenges - Sparkle, shines, glitters, etc.
Whoopsi Daisy Challenge -  Sparkle and Shine
Cards and More - Monochrome
Passion for Promarkers - Celebrations
Tuesday Throwdown - For Someone Special
Delightful Challenges - Anything Goes
Meljens Designs  - No rectangles
Shelly's Images - Show us what you got!
Southern Girls - Let's Celebrate!
Fussy and Fancy Friday - Monochromatic and Sparkle

20 comments:

  1. Great card Hazel :) I wonder how many will take heed of the saying ?
    Thanks for joining us this week over at Cupcake crafts,and good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun - great colour and composition. Thanks for all your hard work throughout the year on the Dt! Cheers Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card, Hazel. Pity you can't remember where that striped card came from because it's lovely and just perfect here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic card, what a great image! Thanks for joining us at Cucpake and good luck! Delphine xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks fabulous Hazel, love the monochrome colour. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eine tolle Umsetzung und ein witziges Motiv....

    Danke für deine Teilnahme bei Cards und More.

    Einen lieben Gruß von Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  7. Delicious card Hazel, love it! Hope you have a wonderful Holiday...xoxo Marjo

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh lol... fabulous . I love the purple shades ..
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautifully done, Hazel! What a fun, fun image!! You'd think I had posed for that one. :-D So glad you joined us in our last challenge of the year at Tuesday Throwdown, and I hope you'll join us again in the New Year. Happy Holidays to you and yours.
    NanaConnie, TT DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful!!
    Thanks for joining us at cards and more.
    Hugs stine

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just super Hazel...reminds me of Dame Edna!! Really fabulous!! Have a great Christmas hun!
    Hugs,
    Marjorie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Reminds me of Dame Edna too! Brought areal smile to my face - really super card. Have a super Christmas and thank you for all your support with my blog! Hugs, Jayne xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous card Hazel. Thanks for joining us for our PfP mega Christmas challenge, good luck.
    Tracy. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow fanastic card, I love this image and I love what you have done with her and you've used my favourite colour purple too, excellent card. I hope you and your family have a merry christmas and a very happy new year Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Was für ein witziges Kärtchen, gefällt mir sehr.

    LG
    Ulla

    ReplyDelete
  16. Brilliant card x
    Thanks for joining us this week @ Delightful Challenges & Merry Christmas to you x

    hugs sally x
    sallysbitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. fantastic card hazel.i love the fun image and gorgeous colours and design :D
    thanks for joining us in our mega christmas challenge at PFP :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful card! I love what you've done to the beads, really cool! Thanks for palying at Fussy and Fancys Monochromatic with some sparkle Challenge with your card. Good luck, and merry christmas, from Lisbeth K

    ReplyDelete
  19. The flattened pearls have such a unique look to them! Great idea! Love all of the purple and those flowers are simply gorgeous.

    Thank you for joining us this week at Meljen’s Designs for our Shaped Card challenge!

    ReplyDelete