Followers

Saturday 31 December 2011

My first challenge for Word Art Wednesday

One of my crafting blog buddies, Karen Letchworth, asked me if I would take part in the challenges over at Word Art Wednesday and I was happy to go look.

They give you the scripture to use for each challenge or you can choose one of your own favourites. I decided to go with the one provided. I'm afraid that I brought my proof reading into play with this one and I made some corrections in the passage. I hope I'm forgiven.

I used a Craft UK card blank and rounded off the corners. I used the image of a castle and sky backing paper from Joanna Sheen's Thomas Kinkade CD. They were both matted on to gold card which was from a Secret Santa pack from a friend. I printed the scripture in dark blue and red in Old English Text and then cut it out, rounded the corners and backed it with gold card. I cut a shiney gold star to go in the top right to complete the design.

Happy New Year

with love

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful card - Happy New Year Hazel
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hazel, this is beautiful! I certainly don't mind you made corrections, please tell me where they are so I can fix mine. :o) Thank you for playing along in my Word Art Wednesday challenge.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely Hazel! Happy New Year. Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hazel: Thanks SO much for playing along in the Word Art Wednesday Challenge. I hope you know that you are a blessing to me in many ways. I appreciate your art, and your heart! God bless you in this new year.
    Blessings to you, my friend.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Hazel. Wishing you and yours a Happy New Year. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year. I like the font you used. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this card, Hazel! I do love that image and verse as well...wonderful blessing for anyone receiving it! XXX~DigiDarla

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this card, Hazel! I do love that image and verse as well...wonderful blessing for anyone receiving it! XXX~DigiDarla

    ReplyDelete