Followers

Sunday 11 December 2011

Double Challenge

I've made a card today, hurray! I've just taken two painkillers for a headache but my dizziness seems to be passing and it's not quite as bad as it was - that might be wishful thinking! :(

Anyway, the card I've made is to cover two challenges:
Moving Along With the Times 127 - Last minute Christmas
Lollipop Crafts - Dark Red, Chocolate and Cream


I made the A5 card base with Papermill dark red card and the backing paper, from Costco, is matted on to dark brown card, also from Papermill.  I coloured the image, from Stitchybear Digital Stamps, with Promarkers and cut it with a Spellbinders nestie, backing it with the larger size nestie in the dark brown card. I also used Distress Ink in Aged Mahogany on the edges. I added three dark red pieces of Card Candi to the bottom left.

8 comments:

  1. Love this image, Hazel! Hope the dizziness is on its way - fingers crossed. Your comment on my blog made me laugh - my husband can't get his head around the magnolia stamps either! Hugs, Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I really Love this card Hazel !!! You've created a beautiful vintage look - like a leather album, and it looks gorgeous! Love the image and the colouring looks SO good in monochromatic and with the soft background. Stunning Card!
    Thanks for joining us at MAWTT and Good Luck in the Challenge!!
    Glad you are feeling a little better!! your creative mojo is certainly on top form ;-)
    Big Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Hazel you've got your mojo back now! I love this funny image and your colouring is perfect!
    Well done you and thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week, good luck in the challenge
    Hugs Laurie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh what a fab image Hazel... and i love the rich colours
    Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Hazel! This card did make me smile! Great colours, perfect for a male card. Thanks for sharing with us at MAWTT this week, good luck! Hope your headache stays away and that you have had a nice evening. Pami x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really great card Hazel. Love the image and the rich colours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome card Hazel. Congrats on your Top 3.
    Hugs Nat

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card - I love that image and the colouring on here is perfect :-) xxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete