Followers

Sunday 29 April 2012

#111 Here Comes Summer


This week's challenge over at One Stitch at a Time is Here Comes Summer. I chose Barb's image of Sunflower for this challenge.You can buy it here.  I decided to make a bookmark. What could be better than sitting in the garden, in summer, and reading a book?

I used a piece of white card cut to size. The sunflower backing paper is from one of my CDs - unfortunately I can't remember which one as I had the sheet printed and in my 'yellow' drawer.  On the front of the card I used my Distress Ink in Mustard Seed to colour the background before adding the digi image of the Sunflower. I had coloured the flower with my Promarkers before cutting with my Spellbinders rectangle nestie, using the scalloped nestie for the mat. 'Enjoy Life's Moments' is a Hero Arts stamp which I stamped in Memento ink across the top. A Joanna Sheen tassel completed the bookmark after it had been laminated.

Our sponsor this week is Creative Craft World who will be supplying three Promarkers. 



I'm entering this bookmark into the following challenges:
Always Crafting - Yellow and Sunshine
The Pink Elephant - Hello Sunshine
I love Promarkers - Floral Image
Little Darlings Challenge - Flowers
Simon Says - Anything Goes
Moving Along with the Times - Gardening or Flowers

21 comments:

  1. So gloriously sunny! Lovely. Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that sunflower paper Hazel, what a gorgeous summer creation
    Debs
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Bookmark Hazel !! The paper is gorgeous and goes perfectly with Barns' Sunflower image !
    Now if we just had the weather to match your sunny project it would be fabulous

    Choccy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful Bookmark Hazel, I love the idea of sitting in the garden with a good book...roll on some weather eh!
    Love the Sunflowers they are such a happy flower :)
    Thanks for joining the MAWTT challenge.
    Hugs Mau xx
    great idea having Colour Drawers x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Hazel this is super, Love sunflowers, Lets hope the bad weather lets up so we can sit in the garden reading, Thanks for playing on MAWTT This week, HAzelxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hazel this is great! Feel free to use your fowers, it is great to inspire each other! Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, Hazel - the yellow is so cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Haezel this is so cheerful and summery, its gorgeous me darlin xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful sunny bookmark.....

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this! It's so bright and cheery, the exact opposite of today's weather, so it's brightened my day. Thanks Hazel!
    Ellie Maggie x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous image and can't you feel the heat with those beautiful sunflowers. Jennie xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow super little book mark ... very cheerful ... need something cheerful this weather ... it is awful out there ... just doing a bit of blog hopping ... happy crafting and love sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a bright and cheerful bookmark, just the ticket for today! Roll on summer. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful bookmark!! Love the cheery bright colors and sunflowers. Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Pink Elephant this week!!
    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  15. ooh this is definitely sunny and cheerful.. fabulous bookmark
    Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  16. So cheerful Hazel, love it.. thanks for joining us at Simon Says Challenge blog

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely Hazel, thanks for joining us at I ♥ proMarkers.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow what a fabulous bookmark Hazel! I have been away so am catching up, love your other creations as well, those poppys are amazing! Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow this is a stunning bookmark Hazel and lovely bright and cheery after all the April showers we have had recently. Hugs Julie x

    ReplyDelete