Followers

Thursday 26 April 2012

Fluff the Cat




I made this card yesterday but I've just managed to get the photo taken this morning. I've used a Craft UK card blank again - gone are the days when I used to score and make my own! It's an 8x 8 square and the backing paper is from a First Editions pad called Hideaway. The red card is from Papermill. The image is another that I won from Sweet 'n' Sassy and the face on this cat is priceless! I coloured it with Promarkers and after cutting with my Spellbinders oval nestie I used Distress Ink in Mustard Seed round the edges. I matted it on to the scalloped nestie in yellow card frorm Papermill and then matted that on to another grand oval nestie in red. I tucked an Ironworks motif under the image and a strip of Joanna Sheen's red organza ribbon is across the bottom. I then went the whole hog and cut some Whimsy bunting and Cuttlebug balloons. I used Creative Expressions baker's twine for the strings on balloons and bunting.

I'm entering this card in to the following challenges:
Crafty Sentiments - For a Child
Simon Says - Anything Goes

14 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Hazel, the bunting and balloons look fab.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant card Hazel, such lovely bright colours too. Hope you have a good day. Hugs Rita xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. great fun card hazel. he looks so cute. love the balloons too.

    hugs kelly

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous ,love the image and Fab papers.Thank for sharing with us at Crafty Sentiments.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab card, love the bright colours.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Hazel, love that cat! Great colours, a really cheerful card. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw hazel this is lovely I love Fluff, xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooooh lovin' this little cat Hazel, its a fab image and all your details are superb! Love the colours too - well done you!
    Thanks for playing along with the Ladybugs this week for the Birthday Challenge and good luck
    Laurie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Hazel, I'm loving your design! love the bunting and how you've used your bakers twine! Thanks for sharing it with the Ladybugs this time, enjoy your weekend,Julie.x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aaaah what a cute and funny cat! Loving the bunting Hazel.
    Ellie Maggie x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card Hazel, super cute image and I love the banners :)
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is very cute and as I have said before, I love yellow and red together!!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete