Followers

Saturday 21 April 2012

One Moment in Time

I won this Saturated Canary image by Krista Smith when I entered Kyms Crafty Card's challenge blog. I coloured her red, white and blue because of the Olympics, this year in London. I coloured her with my Promarkers and cut it out with a Spellbinders grand oval nestie, matting it on to a bright red Mirri card scalloped nestie. I used a firework backing paper from Oase at Stitchybear Digital Stamp Shop and matted that on to navy blue card from Papermill. I used some gold Mirri card to cut the Spellbinders Ironworks motif die and tucked it behind the image at the top left. The card blank is a large scalloped card from Craft UK.

I'm entering this card in to the following challenges:
My Mum's Craft Shop - Inspired by song or film - Song One Moment in Time by Whitney Houston
ATCs and Cards with Attitude - Anything Goes
Card Makin Mamas - Make it Girly
Crafts 4 Eternity - Something New - My new Ironworks Motif, first time used!
Wags 'n' Whiskers - Anything Goes



12 comments:

  1. Lovely card Hazel, you are so good at colouring the images and it makes such a difference. I'm still practising. Have a nice week-end. Hugs Rita xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card, love teh colours...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like the girl image & way you colored her. Reminds me of when my daughter was younger & played sports. Thanks for the nice comment on my Proud as a Peacock Scrapbook Layout. I found some Peacock glitter paper today at Michaels 50% off for Deal of the Day and used a JoAnns 50% coupon on a pkg with a Peacock feather (similar to yours) n it to use on my scrapbook layout.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now here's a girl with some snap, crackle,and pop. Love that fireworks background. Thanks for entering at ATCs & Cards With Attitude.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just fab Hazel. Great job with the colours and love the background effect as well. A great card
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab card Hazel, love the backing paper. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card, love the colours you used, thanks for joining our challenge at MMCS, hope to see you again soon, Gaynor DT x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this Hazel, its so sweet. Thanks for joining us at Crafts4Eternity this week.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done on your win :)
    She is lovely, i really like the background paper too.
    Thanks for joining us over on ATCs With Attitude.
    Hugs Alison x x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card Hazel, that's a great image, and I love the colours you've chosen. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hazel, I've been away for a few days but was pleased to see your e-mail so of course I had to come and have a look. You've done a wonderful job with Krista's olympic girl image and those backing papers are perfect. It's lovely to see this little girl coloured and made into cards throughout the world. Thanks. Kym xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorable! I love the paper, thanks for playing along with CMM!

    ReplyDelete