Followers

Sunday 1 April 2012

#107 New

'New' is the theme over at One Stitch at a Time this week.This means that you can use new items or make a card for a new baby, new home, etc. - lots of scope.

The sponsor this week is Crimson Cloud who will be giving 3 sets of Die Cuts to the winner.

http://www.crimsoncloud.co.uk/

I used the image 'Friendship and Tea' by Gert over at Stitchybear Digital Stores. It's suitable for a number of ocasions but I used it for a New Home card. I coloured the image with Promarkers and edged it with Distress Inks after rounding the corners. I used a mat of pale blue pearlised card with the Spellbinders scalloped nestie. I also used a 'frame' of the scalloped nestie using bright yellow card. I think the yellow card was by Ross Paper and the blue card was by Payperbox. The backing paper was from one of the shopping channels but I've forgotten which one because I've had it for years. The verse also comes with the digi image and I printed it slightly smaller, in pale blue, to match the colours in the image. I generated the new home sentiment in  the same colour. The scalloped card blank is by Craft UK via Joanna Sheen.

I'm entering this card in to the following challenges:
Pattie's Creations - Anything Goes
Moving Along With the Times - Cute and Cuddly - I'm not sure that mice are cuddly but they sure are cute!

15 comments:

  1. Oooh! I'm first to say what a sweet card, Hazel, love the imageand the colours you've put together. Jennie ~ OSAAT DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card Hazel, and I love the little verse on the sentiment too. Happy Crafting. Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Supercute card hazel, what adorable mice and a lovely sentiment. Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh Hazel thats such a cute sweet card !! I love it !

    Choccy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this image. Gorgeous card Hazel.
    Hugs Nat

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic Hazel such a pretty image and lovely colours well done its lovely Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awwww, how cute is this image! Love it Hazel, and love the colours. Hope the vertigo is a tiny bit better and you're feeling a bit more the thing!! Sending hugs, Jayne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Hazel how stunning is this!! been looking at your blog and your cards are really lovely darl. Found this blog through someone else, I see your son lives in northumberland, I do too. Have ahappy day and I will be poppping by more often, huggies June xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super sweet card Hazel, it's greaaat!
    Hugs, Marjo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card hun, love the layout!

    Thank you for sharing with us at MAWTT this week, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card, cute image perfect for new home. Thanks for joining us this week at Moving Along With The Times.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is a really cute card, love the sentiment too. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great image for a new home card with that sentiment.

    I think I've got some of that paper somewhere too......

    Love Mandy xxx

    ReplyDelete